Search results

1. M

Cowichan Lake

small silver flatfish behind a gang troll was very productive this weekend at 30-40’. Lots of decent sized cutthroats, but non over the 50cms.
  2. M

2019 Gulf Island Reports

Put in a couple hours at tent yesterday. No love for us. Didn’t see anyone hook up. Lots of boats out for New Year’s Eve prawns. We were able to put a few in the tub for our New Years Eve dinner. Mr. Grey
  3. M

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Fished Monday afternoon and Tuesday. Monday as we got out there in the afternoon started at Swale. Didn’t give it much time as the water is chocolate milk brown with low vis and few boats working it but not a lot going on. Pulled up and headed offshore. Only went to turtle. Not much going...
  4. M

2017 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

Ukee, Harbour Entrance I was referring to is over by Swale. Sorry, should have clarified I was not talking about the mouth of Ucluelet Harbour. There was lots of bait between Effingham and Swale. Not a ton of Coho but if you put in the time they could be found in pockets. A few springs...
  5. M

2017 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

Fished all over south bank today. Sadly only a couple wilds to unbutton. Then hit red can for a short troll, with nothing to show. Ran to Harbour Entrance and fished that to mears and put two Coho and a small spring in the boat. Overall pretty darn slow.
  6. M

Importing a boat from the USA

All great info above. Couple things I could add from my experience. 1) money Certified check - great way to go but the current owner would be crazy to sign his boat away before money clears. I spoke to my bank as did my seller to his and best both banks could do was a couple days to clear...
  7. M

2016 Port Renfrew Reports

Well things are definitely getting better. No shortage of springs at chicken ranch. Most of them in the 5-8 lbs range. Found a few Hali at slack too. Spent a couple hours on the beach. Slow...
  8. M

Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Fished for Hali today. 4 hrs on anchor. Only one to the boat about 20lbs. That's it. Few other boats out and weather was great for a March day. Fish came on salmon bellies.
Back