Search results

1. tykkyt e blue

Westport tuna pilgramage

The BC coastal tuna water looked like it was never going to come closer than 75+ miles out. A week ago, Tunadon and I tried 80+ out from Bamfield towards the Nitnat canyon..which was just a nice boat ride. So I packed up the Island camp for the year and hauled the whole circus to Westport Wa...
  2. tykkyt e blue

bummed in Bamfield

I discovered today that my boat and RV had been broken into and majorly cleaned out! I had planned on 5 days of fun n fishing...sigh thanks to some local friends, I managed to borrow some electronics and downriggers so the next few days arent wrecked but #&$&*%*!!!!! For members on SFBC, please...
  3. tykkyt e blue

10 day long range trip

I got a last min call 3 days ago for a charter trip down the coast of Baja..so this morning we are 180miles south of San Diego. Boat is the 124' Excel ( excel sportfishing.com ) 700 scoops of live sardines and macks onboard so its mostly a live bait/ drift sort of fishing. Yellowtail...
  4. tykkyt e blue

Lowrance Sidescan anyone?

I am considering buying a new HDS-8 and LSS-2 bundle - Lowrance has a $300 rebate on buying both The catch to me is that I ALREADY have the LSS-2 module from last year's spending spree. If anyone would be interested in splitting the Sidescan/downscan module for themselves??? I only want the...
  5. tykkyt e blue

Hootchie Spinner

Since there has been a few posts about alternate ways of rigging bait and various bait heads, I thought I would post one my son and I came up with. He tried bending the 'ears' of a SS wingnut to make a spinner somewhat like a metal spin n glo. ( 11 yo wrists aren't quite strong enough ) But he...
  6. tykkyt e blue

BC Grand Slam or Super Slam 2013

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in posting their pics? Every once in awhile you get an outstanding day - so how about we celebrate that? Take a pic of your great day of fishing The species could be: Chinook, Coho, Halibut, Ling, Yelloweye and Albacore. Catch any 3 of those...
  7. tykkyt e blue

Boat storage Mid Island

I have high hopes for the coming season! There are several places I want to fish up and down the Island, so I'm thinking that maybe storing the boat/trailer in the Nanaimo - Parksville area might be the most practical way of coming and going between relocations ( Ferry fare is $300 each way with...
  8. tykkyt e blue

Getting ready for the season?

I could have sworn someone already started a thread like this, but I can't find it? ( maybe this should be moved?) What is everyone doing with their boats for the 2013 saltwater season? The Tuna addiction got me pretty bad so; Floor cut out for bigger/long fuel tank, Permanent bench seat...
  9. tykkyt e blue

Huatulco fishing next week

Sculpin and Co. have inspired me...doubt I can rise to his level of photography and prose...but, a fish report is still a report, especially this time of year ( I'm deeply hoping there will be NO toilet report ) The family and I, just booked a last minute trip to Huatulco Mexico next week...
  10. tykkyt e blue

Extra long downriggers

I got tired stacking two rods on one downrigger whenever I wanted to run four lines, so... Winter project was to convert std 60" scotty to 14'. So far they work fine with up to 12lb weights and 90' down. If anyone is interested? I can explan the 'how to" in a pm
  11. tykkyt e blue

Auxilary Steering

If anyone with HYD steering ( teleflex ) has wanted to have aux steering in the cockpit area and doesn't hhave a place for the extra helm unit and wheel???? I just got back from Port Renfrew and a first test of an elec hyd auxilary system (Using a Teleflex autopilot pump ). I'm very happy with...
Back