Search results

1. tykkyt e blue

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Wash rocks pic is great!
  2. tykkyt e blue

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone trying for socks along Spanish banks? Area 28-7 I had great results some 8? years ago but haven't tried since
  3. tykkyt e blue

2022 Tuna Adventures

I believe there is still good tuna off Washington coast.. I follow some of the local charters since I fish Westport too They still have good water conditions that weren't swirled into califlower branches
  4. tykkyt e blue

2022 Tuna Adventures

Umm.. Thats not quite the right question.. They are 8 to 12 day adventures. You can fish bft up at Connors bank north of LA.. Or almost all the way down baja to Cabo. Each trip is a bit different. Typically they do Cedros Island area, Alijos rocks ( seaspires 150mi offshore) and 'the Ridge'...
  5. tykkyt e blue

2022 Tuna Adventures

DO IT! 9th year for me If you like 20lb Albies on the troll You LUV 30-50 yft on live sardines and bites with a freespooled reel in your hand not the rod holder
  6. tykkyt e blue

Any body got info on Redl Sports?

Harbour Chandler will too Redl bought out by 'Bigrock Sports'
  7. tykkyt e blue

The Mystery Spoon......

Found online pics Combine gray blue color onto green/gold spoon???
  8. tykkyt e blue

The Mystery Spoon......

so... if a fella had a few ... youd want them? I can post pic tomo of what I think you had
  9. tykkyt e blue

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Keep fishing! When you find a Daiwa rod w a blue Avet HX and blue line .that WAS mine... Sigh (stoopid plastic rod holder)
  10. tykkyt e blue

2022 Tuna Adventures

Here is a funny for you... Tuna fishing out of Westport.. We couldn't get a bait stop going.. I had a pet idea that maybe splashing birds would help draw tuna to the boat. So besides throwing anchovies.. We had a huge bag of costco puffed wheat cereal. I was throwing handfuls of puffed wheat...
  11. tykkyt e blue

Circle Hooks for Salmon Trolling?

IMO - trolling with release clips is the problem for using circle hooks - the warm water way of trolling circles is to have the drag just BARELY tight enough to stop line pulling out. The fish can run away and there isnt an instant sharp pull/tug like popping the release clip. that sharp jerk...
  12. tykkyt e blue

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Ah.. Thanks.. I refer to that shape as the 'egg'
  13. tykkyt e blue

2022 Tuna Adventures

I will be in Ukie aug 16 to 27 Id be up for a tuna run Pm closer to those dates
  14. tykkyt e blue

2022 Tuna Adventures

30 miles out is likely wishful thinking.. I coukd be wrong but its been 50 to 70 miles 9.6 times outta 10
  15. tykkyt e blue

2021 Tuna Adventures

Traveling to Ukie tomo.. Looks like might be tuna fishable on weds or Thurs.. Pm me if interested to buddy up
  16. tykkyt e blue

2020 Tuna Adventures

Ice is an issue.. Places with ice plants are more convenient.. Consider Ukie. Almost same run out to canyons as Tuf
  17. tykkyt e blue

2020 Tuna Adventures

No reports from any of the derbies? Must have been fishing on Saturday?? Im thinking of Ukie weds to friday
  18. tykkyt e blue

How Long Does Downrigger Braid Last

I'm at year 10 at least. I switched to braid trying to find a way to down rig at tuna speed. Come the next season I never switched back to ss wire.. And never changed since If you rinse w freshwater and store out of uv light I don't think braid ever degrades. High use areas can get frayed...
Back