Search results

1. P

Shore fishing Pender Island?

Port Washington I think. It’s been a few years
  2. P

2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Except for the tide rip between donegal and Stubbs island. I’ve slipped too far down and there’s no way to troll out of it.
  3. P

2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Translation. Don’t try to sneak through the islands during an afternoon tide change
  4. P

Shore fishing Pender Island?

One of the public docks had lots of sole and sharks in the past
  5. P

2022 Ucluelet Reports

Squid are in at Valencia island got 7 springs for the 4 of us today up to 16 pounds
  6. P

Accommodations in Campbell River

Might be too late to book but Salmon point has rental trailers, also the casa del mar motel used to be cheap and decent.
  7. P

Ucluelet or Port Alberni motel or airb&b with fish freezer

Has anyone stayed near these places while fishing and the place you stayed at had a freezer to keep your catch. Usually go to Alder Bay and use their on site freezers. Thanks
  8. P

Tyee Pool DFO Notice

from 10pm to 4am???
  9. P

Crab Question?

Usually called crab hotels. Ive always wondered how legal it is
  10. P

Government seeks to seize home of man guilty of illegal crab fishing off North Vancouver

Crabbing and prawning around Vancouver is called the “soft fishery” for a reason. Easy money and in your own bed every night. Then on ei come July if you’re legal
  11. P

2021 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

How did you make out on your trip? Im heading up on the 17th and there's not much for reports.
  12. P

2021 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Lots of pinks, a few springs and coho. Tons of fog.
  13. P

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts.com/i-boating-fishing-web-app/fishing-marine-charts-navigation.html?title=Pacific+Coast+-+Vancouver+Island+East+%26+West+-+Haida+Gwaii+boating+app#8.44/49.8145/-127.4242
  14. P

Prawns

Pretty sure i heard $22 per lb w/ heads on
  15. P

Help with bacon

Not an expert at all but... I've found many of the old smoking recipes call for way too much salt in order to preserve the meat. If your'e adding 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of salt imo that's way too much. Remember the salt is for taste not to preserve. We have refrigeration, the smoke alone...
  16. P

What was being netted below mission bridge Apr 11

Did anyone else drive over the mission bridge on sunday and see the guys netting between the bridges? I thought we were closed to chinook retention to protect early season stocks of concern?
  17. P

2021 Campbell River Reports

Any chance the Campbell River area may be open for salmon retention earlier in the summer this year?
  18. P

Daiwa M-One Reel

Have had the spindle threads strip off on mine and needed replaced as well. The original washers break easily so replace them too.
  19. P

Red spring turned whiteish when sprayed with fresh water?

no. it was regular chinook red.
  20. P

Red spring turned whiteish when sprayed with fresh water?

yes the fish was not bled well... :( still tastes fine
Back