Search results

1. persistent

Cuddy door

Hey guys, I’m starting the interior rebuild on my 20’ Hourston. I’m considering changing the cuddy door to a bifold to reduce the door swing, anyone have something similar? On the port side I’m going with a full length bench seat so a full width door would block the first 20” of the seat or so...
  2. persistent

Hourston docking lights

Hey guy’s, My 20’ hourston has the Morse docking lights in the bow, any idea where replacements can be purchased? I can’t find anything online. I’m not crazy about them, but the housing is breaking down and going to leak. Replacing the lights is going to be easier than glassing over the holes.
  3. persistent

Saddle tank fuel filter location

My 20’ hourston has a pair of saddle tanks, and it is setup to draw from both tanks at the same time. If the racor is closer to one tank that the other will it draw more from the closer tank? Where I want to mount the filter would require 2’ of fuel line to the starboard tank and an out 5ft to...
  4. persistent

Electrical question

Hey Guys, I’m doing a mini refit on my 20ft Hourston and have come across some electrical questions... Can the main and kicker ground terminate on a negative bus bar, or should they terminate directly on the batteries? I think I’m going to include a separate buss bar specifically for...
  5. persistent

176 Double eagle

Hey Guys, My 176 Double eagle is offered for sale, it is a 1989 hull that has always been stored under cover, and the excellent condition reflects that. 2007 90hp Evinrude Etec (low hour) Serviced annually by authorized dealer 2007 9.9 Johnson 4 stroke professionally re wired Wired for Scotty...
  6. persistent

Alberni Sockeye

How is the 2020 sockeye forecast looking for the inlet? I would like to take my boys out there fishing for a couple days in early July if there is a fishery this year.
  7. persistent

Used Lawn tractor wanted

Hello everyone, As the title states I am looking for a used lawn tractor preferably with a little trailer, anyone have one for sale? I am located on southern vancouver island.
  8. persistent

Campbell River

Hey guys, In the middle of june i will be heading to Campbell river for a week with the guys from work. We are all new to that area, but not new to salmon fishing. Any idea where we should concentrate our efforts? And what gear is proven for the area? We are staying at salmon point. Any help...
  9. persistent

Sockeye dummy flashers

When fishing sockeye do you find some colors of dummy flashers work better than others? Also what line do you use to make up the leader on the dummy? In the past I've used braided downrigger line. I hope there is a sockeye fishery in the inlet next year, as i missed it this summer.
  10. persistent

streams to view Salmon returns

Hello all, Is there any streams on the south island other than Goldstream where I can take my kids to view the returning salmon?
  11. persistent

Seawest Boats

Is Seawest boats still in business? Ive been trying to contact them regarding pricing, but they haven't returned any emails or phone messages
  12. persistent

Islander TR3 reel

Anybody have the inside scoop on this new limited production reel?
  13. persistent

How much to build a new house?

Anyone on here recently build a house? Im trying to fiqure out roughly what it costs per sq ft these days. It would be built on the saanich peninsula, nothing overly crazy just a well built family home. Thanks
  14. persistent

Etec tilt problem

For some reason the power tilt switch on the side my 90hp etec only works to lower the motor, it wont raise it. The switch on the throttle seems to work fine. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks for the help
  15. persistent

Sears, horrible customer service!

So to make a long storey short our washing machine that is still under warranty has been broken since December 26. After weeks of sending the wrong parts, Sears eventually admitted that correct part probably doesnt exist, and they would give us a credit towards a new machine. Its now Feb 7th snd...
  16. persistent

looking for a new bbq

Its time to replace our bbq,any suggestions? Has anyone tried traeger wood pellet grills?
  17. persistent

furuno or lowrance?

hey guys, Im looking at upgrading my gps/ fishfinder combo. I am considering either the furuno 1870f or a lowrance hds unit. Any recomendations? Thanks
  18. persistent

Ace hauler on a 17.5 double eagle

I'm looking at buying a line puller for the upcoming prawn season. I'm not sure if the gunnel on my boat will be able to handle the leverage from a puller? The gunnel flexes a fair bit already with the downrigger and a 12lb ball. It would be mounted on a 17.5 double eagle. Any one have this...
  19. persistent

Needle fish spoon

Hey Nog, any news on the spoons?
  20. persistent

Truck and campers

Hey guys I'm looking to buy a camper for my dodge diesel 3500. To my surprise almost every camper I've looked at would put it over weight. What does every one do? Ignore the gvrw? Is there any way to increase what I can legally carry in the box of my truck? I see lots of these trucks on the...
Back