Search results

1. persistent

Old boat trim tab hydraulic issue

Hey salmon killer, are those trim tabs still available? The ones on my 20’ hourston are acting up.
  2. persistent

Candied Salmon

I always forget how much it shrinks down. I started with 3 - 12 to 14lb springs which seemed like a lot when defrosting but could have done double that much.
  3. persistent

Candied Salmon

This cold clear weather presented a great opportunity to do the annual run of gummy bear candy! Third time doing this method, with this being the best run to date.
  4. persistent

Hourston Glasscraft Decals

I had Peninsula signs create this for me, as far as I know they have it on file.
  5. persistent

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Two days and its our turn!
  6. persistent

20 hourston custom restoration

Nice refit! How durable is the awlgrip going to be compared to gel coat?
  7. persistent

Cuddy door

Thanks, will likely half the door and add a piano hinge as mentioned. Looking for the best hardware to make it all work with out rattling in the open or closed position, cause that will drive me crazy!
  8. persistent

Kiwi Grip user reviews?

I used kiwi grip on my previous boat, I sold the boat 10 years after the refit and it still looked great. A bit difficult to clean cause the texture is pretty course, but the power washer makes quick work of that. I used grey last time, and was never really happy with the colour, but see now...
  9. persistent

Cuddy door

Hey guys, I’m starting the interior rebuild on my 20’ Hourston. I’m considering changing the cuddy door to a bifold to reduce the door swing, anyone have something similar? On the port side I’m going with a full length bench seat so a full width door would block the first 20” of the seat or so...
  10. persistent

Lets see some of your tomics

Replaced a bunch of the hooks tonight. I’m ready for the season to start!
  11. persistent

Lets see some of your tomics

#140 is one of my top producers.
  12. persistent

SCAM, boat registration / licence

So after writing this, I went digging through my old emails and found the person I was in contact with regarding licensing in June (Alex) . I phoned looking for Alex, but of course he wasn’t available. I gave the guy on the phone what for, they wouldn’t forward me along to anyone that could...
  13. persistent

SCAM, boat registration / licence

Well that explains why I haven’t heard from them. I guess they took me for $220. The website looks and sounds legit.
  14. persistent

Thoughts on this campion

Hey guys, I’ve been lucky enough to fish on this rig on several occasions, it’s super clean and a proven fish producer. Electrical is top notch and the motors run well, it’s a solid setup.
  15. persistent

Furuno GP1971 Settings Help

Hey Pereh, What transducer do you have? I also recently installed a furuno 1971 and experiencing similar results as you. I went with the 1 kw transom mount airmar. The furuno manual is less than helpful with the setup of the sonar. Aaron
  16. persistent

20 Hourston Project

Add me to the Euro transom wait list too!
  17. persistent

Hourston docking lights

The nonskid is something the previous owner had done, it looks good from far, but its far from good! its like 20 grit sandpaper. Yes, it has a factory sunroof!, my buddy has a 17'Hourston with the same thing, apparently it was an option from the factory? I'm doing a mini refit, not as extensive...
Back