Search results

1. B

2013 Summer Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

that sand bar ate my prop on sunday ,racing in to catch the Davey Derby final weigh-in on sunday at noon!luckly I was going slow,so no leg damage,I think there is less water there than in the river!!!
  2. B

Swiftsure bank tackle advise

Hey guys,not familar with the "brown turd",can anyone explain?Thanks
  3. B

Pod for a 24' Trophy?

I've got one on a 21 trophy with the Alaskan bulkhead,works great with a 200hp Evinrude.I plugged the old outdrive hole,so any work on transome was done then!As mentioned,a good look at the transom and stingers would be advised
  4. B

Buying boat from USA with 4 partners. Any special considerations?

I have imported a couple of boats from washington state,without any problems or hassels from BSA.The trick is having all the paperwork ! I always print off the ad ,craigslist ,ebay, yachtworld etc,makes crossing the border easy ,showing the BSA agent the ad.As mentioned in other replys to this...
  5. B

Evinrude Etec / Ficht Diagnostic cable kit $50

Hi Dave,Thanks again for all the help with the diagnostic cable!Hooked the cable up to my 2001 200hp ficht,and then to my laptop,brought up all the details of my motor,showing me any of the alarms and what they were for,hrs run,hrs run at different rpms,just full of important info!A super tool!
  6. B

Shipping Lanes

the marine traffic app ,for the Iphone or Ipad,is a great app,it cost 3.99$,but shows real marine traffic,with the ability to see a pic and course info on any vessel you touch on,as well as the AIS ,it also has realtime wind course and speed info, use it lots!
  7. B

Spotlights

I'll weigh in on this subject,I've done alot of night runs on the EVI thru the gulf islands,on my current boat a 21trophy hardtop,I have a remote controlled spot\flood light mounted as far forward as I could get on the bow sprit,in certain conditions,it works quite well,but you get a glare of...
  8. B

60lb/15lb Halibut Limit - Let's Discuss

"to much pressure by the REC sector" are the words Jimmy P and the slipper skip lobbiests whisper in the ears of senior DFO and Federal polititians,as they grease their palms,and wine and dine!How do ya fight that!not by verbally beating up local SFAC volunteers,a bigger voice in Ottawa,a better...
  9. B

Seattle boat show 2013

Great pics of the boatshow and the aluminum "project boat",I'm heading to the show on wed ,to leave a trail of drool alround those pilothouse machines!!I love the "project pics",always looking for info for my "project",which will be a glass/aluminum project like "Bad Habits"
  10. B

What do you Guy's think 2000 2100 Striper

just thought I would put my two cents in on the fichtes,I have a trouble free 2001 200hp evinrude ficht ,with 425hrs.The problem that gave the Ficht such a bad name was with the 98 and 99 models,and was more concentrated with the V4 engines,the V6 engines did not have as many failures.It was a...
  11. B

looking for 4x4 quad??

my son has a 2010 850 polaris ,93hr ,loaded with extras 8k firm
  12. B

Experimental Halibut Quota Fishery

2 emails sent
  13. B

stainless steel prawn trap

where ya located?
  14. B

Great $20 Dollar Marine GPS/Chartplotter App

Thanks for the tip,searched Navionics,in the app store and got a $14.99 version for the IPhone
  15. B

Great $20 Dollar Marine GPS/Chartplotter App

I went to the Apps store and was going to down load this app,but the price came up 49.95$,did I miss something,or a different step to get it for $20.00,any input would be appreciated!
  16. B

So Let’s Talk About It, Halibut 2013

How about a Halibut tag as discussed on earlier posts,the recording of your catch,like the chinook fishery,and when the new licenses are issued in March ,double the license fee ,IF, you do not return your previous years license,any extra cash collected could be directed to better ways of...
  17. B

Volvo KAMD 43p with 900 hrs

when running back from the canyon,what would your est.fuel burn be with the 43,in gal/hr
  18. B

Which Boat?

I' ve got a 21 ft Trophy hard top,with an Alaskan bulkhead,podded ,with a 2001 200hp evinrude ,230hrs,lots of extra's, 13750,PM me if you want more info
  19. B

2012 Halibut closing

did my share for conservency,out 4 times,didn't get any into the boat!need more practice!!next year
  20. B

power tilt or trim tabs?

100 % on the trim tabs,can use them to get the boat on step ,and then to level the boat off when underway,in my boat,when someone stands up from sitting,changes the weight distribution,thus causing a list to one side,a quick adjustment with the trim tab,and a level ride again.if you follow used...
Back