Search results

1. M

using ethernet to connect lowrance lcx 112 to a lawrence hds

does anyone on here have any experience connecting two chartplotters via an ethernet cable? I have a lowrance LCX 112 and lowrance HDS. I just installed a new transducer and I would like to use the older LCX as a screen to display either sonar or gps. I have been told multiple times that this...
  2. M

airmar p66 transducer (woops!)

I just purchased a p66 transducer. I was checking it out and seeing how it mounts while in my kitchen, and like an idiot I snapped the transducer down into the mount. Now I can not unsnap it and it cant be mounted if its together. The method of detaching the two parts that is described in...
  3. M

lowrance 83/200khz transducer

hello all I know this question has been asked but I can't find an good answer. . . I have a lowrance HDS 5 GPS/FF unit. The transducer it came with is 83/200khz--Can I get some feedback from people that have experience with using the 83khs frequency in the ocean around Vancouver Island...
  4. M

area 24/124 chinook closure

I have a question for all those people familiar with fishing this area. I am trying to understand the closure boundaries that define the area where you can continue to keep Chinook after August 1st. I have been told that the line is approximately 1 mile seaward of the surf line. However there...
  5. M

area 24/124 chinook closure

I have a question for all those people familiar with fishing this area. I am trying to understand the closure boundaries that define the area where you can continue to keep Chinook after August 1st. I have been told that the line is approximately 1 mile seaward of the surf line. However there...
  6. M

Help- GPS/Chart plotter problems

hey gang took the boat out yesterday and my GPS (Lowrance LCX-112C) never worked. By that I mean after I turned it on, the shoreline and the sonar worked fine but the actual GPS gave me a (GPS module not responding) warning. I ran through all the connection and everything looks good with no...
  7. M

help-anoying ticking noise from the controls

hello all looking for some help here--I have traced an annoying ticking noise in my controls back to the hour meter. Anyone know what might be causing this and what my options are? The engine is a 1993 yamaha 150hp. The rpm and fuel gauges are digital but the hour meter is a dial. I'm...
  8. M

crab rings?

anyone one know where I could track down some crab rings/hoops between Nanaimo and Port Alberni. . .or around vancouver area? Thanks.
  9. M

18ft tom-mac welded aluminium

eh gang just wondering if anyone has any info/experience on 18ft tom-mac welded boats? they look pretty clean but there is almost no info on them. I heard that they have a water ballast system. . .not sure how it works but if it is as simple as channels running through the hull then do you...
  10. M

new to Tofino

Aloha all I just moved to Tofino and sold my boat before coming out. If anyone wants or needs an extra hand fishing in this area in exchange for some gas money I would be happy to help. I spent the last 10 years fishing open waters in Hawaii so I am no stranger to working on boats. I am...
Back