Search results

1. Jacob's Ladder

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Halibut fishing continues to be legendary for us this year. Landed 6 of 7 on Thurs. Medium herring on the grub or skirt. Didnt seem to matter. Only one Dog fish. 2 fish over 90 and 4 fish under. Mud Flats On Tues we trolled up a hali while trying Salmon fishing on the OB flats. No...
  2. Jacob's Ladder

Excellent Halibut fishing tuesday and wednesday. Landed 8 fish. 3 tues 5 on wed. One was near the 133 limit and was released while being measured.’doh’ the rest were 90 or smaller, 87 was a popular size. Medium herring on skirt or twister tail, didnt seem to matter. One dog fish in the...
  3. Jacob's Ladder

On Thusday fished OBF “Oak Bay Flats” for some C&R action. 7:30 -10:30am. Didn’t expect much with a strong ebb but landed 8 of 10 up to 12 ish Lbs. AP 5”chovy spoons with dummy flashers. Great time to take the young ones fishing. JL
  4. Jacob's Ladder

I use this station for constance. http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/trial/2021-05-09
  5. Jacob's Ladder

My current tables show good tides up to Friday of this week for hali. Dont think I would even attempt Friday's currents out on the bank. Sunday looks really sporty with stronger currents for constance for hali. Any one else have thoughts?
  6. Jacob's Ladder

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

It was a mixed bag for prawn sizes. All looked good to me. I fished for the hali in the mud next to my prawn traps. The hali were still on the prawns. I was in 250’ and used herring. Maybe 10 dogs. Constance is still good for C&R action up to 15lbs with the salmon munching on...
  7. Jacob's Ladder

Thanks O. Got 6 prawns yesterday. 150 today!!! And a couple of hali. 20 & 25lbs JL
  8. Jacob's Ladder

I will give you 50% of my “plunder”. I will keep the tails and you can have the heads.o_O
  9. Jacob's Ladder

Rodger that. thanks for the info.
  10. Jacob's Ladder

Where is there good prawning near the waterfront? Depth? Type of bottom. Eg mud, sand, rock etc? Thanks. JL
  11. Jacob's Ladder

Well I love catching them more than I like eating them. I am a sport fisherman. No question these regs suck, but will not stop me from going out. I went out today for a couple of hours. Oak Bay flats. landed all 4 of my hits. Including the double banger. One was 3 ish the others 5...
  12. Jacob's Ladder

Got into a nice hali today and a couple 3-5 lb springs at constance. Some of those big herring were coming though constance as well. Beauty day JL
  13. Jacob's Ladder

Went out to Constance on Thurs from 12-4. went 6 for 7. Two 6lbs and one 10 lber on digital scale. The others 3 lbs or less. Small Ap herring spoon and tomic plugs. deeper than 130’. Herring of all sizes in stomach. JL
  14. Jacob's Ladder

2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Out for hali Sat from 12-3. Caught a small one around 10-15 lbs? Lots of dogs fish, maybe a dozen or more. Stopped at constance for a quick troll. Lost the only hookup when it became airborne and spit the hook. Looked like a decent size. Maybe 5 lbs JL
  15. Jacob's Ladder

Went out to constance and picked up a couple nice “late summer” feeders.lol. They were hatch and good size 6-7 lbs. My fav as well. After the change went out towards border bank to try for coho. Didn’t even sound one. JL
  16. Jacob's Ladder

Can I ask what you mean “past the border”. The Us border? Border bank? thanks and regards JL
  17. Jacob's Ladder

2018 Sooke Reports

What size of squid if I may ask? Thanks in advance JL
  18. Jacob's Ladder

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

On the holiday monday we went out to the flats and caught this hatchery slab. Exceeded my 90 cm ruler. Splattet Back mini squirt in a jughead. Dummy flashers. A bonus as was with stepdad on his 70th JL
Back