Search results

1. CoastalKings

Teaser heads

I heat them with a heat gun and bend them / rapid cool to set the shape.
  2. CoastalKings

Choosing a Pedestal

I'm looking to replace my rigid pedestal with something easier on the back in wave action. Would you guys recommend gas or air ride? I'm looking for something heavy duty as I'm not a lightweight - it's the donuts - nothing I can do! LOL! This was the only one I was able to come across...
  3. CoastalKings

|Do you like pilot houses?

I love the pilothouses! They are worth every extra penny!
  4. CoastalKings

Mounting Electronics At Helm : Wellcraft Coastal

Interesting all around. Thank you to everyone whom commented ... really appreciated. Pursuit648: You mentioned securing it to the dash with a locking latch. I'm not familiar with those. I'll do a search in the meantime, but if you had a link or pic of what exactly that is I'd certainly be glad...
  5. CoastalKings

2000-23Ft WellCraft Coastal

I guess from now on I'll refer to them as Oncorhynchus tshawytscha for you high tech red necks. :D :D
  6. CoastalKings

Scotty Downrigger Install On 232 Wellcraft Coastal

Yeah you'd think these boat manufacturers would keep this in mind eh? I'm sure someone has run into this problem before. I have two gimbles at the back. I'm wondering perhaps if I were to remove those I may be able to get some kind of strip of metal in there (with 2 holes cut into it). Not sure.
  7. CoastalKings

The area above and to the right of the steering wheel could hold an 8 inch unit. The steering wheel would obstruct a little bit of the screen - not a great design there. It would make for a clean install though. I'd have to cut a perminent hole which could be a con. If the unit were to break...
  8. CoastalKings

Wtb--trailerable 21-24 ft boat

Striper is a step above Trophy. The two are really intermediate fiberglass boats. Look good don't get me wrong - but ride rough. You'll feel it in your bones after a while. The Stripers are fairly narrow also at the stern. All you have to do is compare the ride of those two over a Wellcraft...
  9. CoastalKings

I'm hoping there is a Wellcraft Coastal owner here that could help. Here is a picture of the dash - it is very tight. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to mount ... or even better some pics on your mount jobs. I'm not a big fan of where the steering wheel is in...
  10. CoastalKings

2000-23Ft WellCraft Coastal

What do you mean when you say the "pod" ... are you referring to say a Pilothouse edition? Thx.
  11. CoastalKings

Scotty Downrigger Install On 232 Wellcraft Coastal

I recently bought a 232 Wellcraft Coastal. I need to install two HP Scotty riggers but I don't have access underneath the gunnel. I'm concerned about no backing plate. Any ideas regarding this?
Back