Search results

1. C

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Could anyone on here please help clarify where we can now fish for and retain coho at renfrew? Depending on which link you clink on or chart you view it seems different. Are we still allowed two hatchery fish outside the canbouy as usual? Two wild inside the bay?
  2. C

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

That is a pretty ignorant attitude to have towards helping a fellow boater, not one the general boating community supports I hope.
  3. C

Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Probably similar to what the 9 people in the Grady that sank of Entrance Island would have had, if they'd made it back to shore with their catch. Glad they're all safe.
  4. C

Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Probably similar to what the 9 people in the Grady that sank of Entrance Island would have had, if they'd made it back to shore with their catch. Glad they're all safe.
  5. C

River's Inlet

I went last year, it took about 2.5 hours in a 21ft boat on a relatively calm day. I also stayed at the floating cabins at Dawson's Landing, I think it was $110 per person, just rented out on a per bed basis so you may share the 8 man cabin with others.
  6. C

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

Fished swiftsure on Sunday and did pretty well, got two hali on the early slack then trolled around for a couple hours and boated at least 10 springs, kept our limit of the six biggest, which were only 8-10lbs, but still good fun.
  7. C

Fished swiftsure on Sunday and did pretty well, got two hali on the early slack then trolled around for a couple hours and boated at least 10 springs, kept our limit of the six biggest, which were only 8-10lbs, but still good fun.
  8. C

Are many salmon showing up at the bank yet? Going to head out there wednesday for hali and will probably try some trolling before the slack.
  9. C

Are many salmon showing up at the bank yet? Going to head out there wednesday for hali and will probably try some trolling before the slack.
  10. C

Gulf Islands 2014 Reports

I got about a 10lb spring at porlier on Wendesday, right around slack tide just outside the pass.
  11. C

Nanaimo Winter 2013/14

Fished Porlier this morning, got one keeper and a couple of shakers, all on the irish cream coho killer, green and white coyote had no hits on the other side of the boat.
  12. C

Nanaimo Winter 2013/14

Has anyone fished Porlier lately or heard of anything coming in from there? Probably heading out that way tomorrow.
  13. C

Your tax dollars subsidize salmon farms for their losses

This happens in BC too, and its only going to get worse: http://www.vancouversun.com/Deadline+looms+comment+salmon+farm+applications/9691799/story.html
  14. C

Scotty Trap Puller

Apparently the warranty on the motor of the Scotty puller is only for a year, too much potential for abuse. That could lead to the some disappointment compared to the lifetime warranty of Ace. Sure does store in a cuddy nice though.
  15. C

2013 Summer Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

Got about 40 smelt in one netload off the beach by the river mouth, plus only one spring and a couple coho from a two partial days of fishing. Lots of coho jumping off the beach and in the river, so fishing inside the canbouy could be alright.
  16. C

Anybody know if there are still smelt on the beach this time of year?
  17. C

Any improvement in the weather allowing easier access to the bank? Headed up for monday-thursday this week. Thanks.
  18. C

Port Renfrew Reports Summer 2012

How were conditions this weekend, was anybody able to get offshore with the predicted 25 knot winds? Trying to decide if I should head up tomorrow.
  19. C

Grady V Bayliner...no brainer, right?

I'm going through the same debate myself right now, newer lower quality or slightly older higher quality? I'm hoping to find a deal out of the States on a Grady or a boat of similar quality, does anyone on here have a recommendation of a boat broker they have used out of the states? I've seen...
Back