Search results

1. P

Tuna Talk

Zukers are the only jig i run,Green with a blue skirt,most guys i knorun the sam jig as they are thmost steay thruout the day.we only ue swo diveboards on each corner as we want the fish to come to the suface to bight all the hooks.5.5 knt wn to 5 for the bigger fish as they will pop off when...
  2. P

IHPC 2013 Halibut Biomass reductions

the only reason you gus have any thing dwn there is because of our god fishing practice.It,s amazing what happens when you get 100% observers on your drag fleet.300 thousand lb down to 100 housand?imagine if Alaska had full coverge and went down to 3 million,maybe te west woud start coming back...
  3. P

Thanks to all the board members for showing such a strong front for Canada and not letting the U S steam roller us with apportionment!we got 22.68%.
  4. P

Something Wicked This Way Comes - ON THE LINE

I hope you are right,but whe there is money there's politics and where there,s politics there,s corruption.
  5. P

Idle No More/Theresa Spence

This thread i the best read i've had in some time,most of us were born in this country so dosn't that make us ALL the same?Canadians ,or are we considered second nations.Glad to see some guys on here speak how they really feel.
  6. P

Something Wicked This Way Comes - ON THE LINE

how many rivers are protected now?Harper has an agenda and the pipeline will go ahead.It sucks but it will happen guys.
  7. P

DFO Wants your input before Making Rec. Halibut Quotas Permanent!!!

If i had some of my own quota i would think about charging people to go help me harvest it.They would get their one fish and any left over i sell to a company.Double dipping sounds good to me.Of course i would only tell DFO if i got pulled over so it's a win win in my eyes.
  8. P

DFO Wants your input before Making Rec. Halibut Quotas Permanent!!!

You guys still don't get it,DFO with their Native buy back now own 20% of commercial quota ,with another round this winter,are the biggest leasers in the game.Hello.....any body listening out there???
  9. P

River Sturgeon Numbers Decline

Wow,I don't even know where to begin on this subject,take your pick, but the 1000 nets have to be a part of the problem for sure.Your right to kill anything you want?Our right ,BS
  10. P

Supreme Court Ruling - Native vs Non Native

The best post i've seen in some time.Well put.
  11. P

You want to talk in-equalities?A person can be 1/64th and get status,I have friends that work in EI that don't pay tax while working in Duncan cause the EI building is on reserve land.I know a guy that works in a mill that is on reserve land that dosn't pay tax yet his kids go to school with my...
  12. P

Maybe it's the lawyers that are to blame,i know they don't eve want to see any claims settled.I just hate seeing fish used as bait for land claims or is that fish claims?
  13. P

Funny part is I wasn't drinking when i posted this GLG
  14. P

Just telling it how i see it,taled to a friend who has a prawn licence n gets a second to stack with from a native band.They have had 25 deck hands from that band and only one has worked out .He was 50 years old,but to be fair most young people are the same way and just want a good paycheck...
  15. P

Why are we even thinking about a lower TAC next year,the fish are outy there in our waters as the the surveys have shown.The fish are not moving west, so why are we thinking of rolling over?We go to the IPHC meetings and say no...stocks are fine in our back yard because we took care of our drag...
  16. P

I say we give all band members two million bucks n then put bars n chevy dealers all around the reserves.A good thin they don'tlike work or they might take up guiding.
  17. P

100 + Tonne of Herring fished off Nanoose

Can somene tell me if salmon can tell the difference between a 2 year old and a 6 year old herring?commercial guys are not even touching the stalks,you might want to look at all the nets in the water that our BROTHERS use for selling...OH i mean FOOD.
  18. P

100 + Tonne of Herring fished off Nanoose

Is there ever alot of miss information out there.The is a roe survey after the herring spawn every year ,divers go down and see it with their own eyes and everything. This fishery is a very well run fishery and stocks are coming back very strong.120 thousand tonn in the gulf last year and 10 to...
  19. P

BCWF opposition to Experimental Fishery for halibut

i talked to the head of dfo hook and line sector about a use it or lose it in the commercial sector,like alaska, and she sent me an email back stating that they have their own issues.She said dfo would not be looking at that as an option in the halibut sector.As far as i know it was dfo 's...
Back