Search results

1. V

Boat insurance

tubber hands down Dolphin insurance! they blow away any other competitor. I have a 2007 boat, trailer, insured worth 25g's and I pay 500 even a year. The last owner paid 650!! Give 'em a call and tight lines!
  2. V

Malibu tyee vs double eagle?

Smart thoughts on having the extra HP there Casper. It's like if one were to go hunting Lions in the safari you might as well pack a 7mm in case you disrupt a rhino. Better to have the big power than not!
  3. V

Hey Chris. So, the 150 motor is an Optimax-"2" Stroke. Much lighter than 4 stroke. The rating max is 165 Hp. So, it is fine and safe. Check the boat out on Craigslist: Malibu Tyee it is the only one there. Looks like a very well taken care of boat as mentioned. Price? Ok get back after viewing...
  4. V

casper, please check out this guys boat... craigslist it is in Ladner, the only Malibu Tyee for sale. He wants 27g's. this boat new is around 34gs' big engine power and kicker cost $$$ but do you think it is a decent buy? do you think it has too much power and will only drag the back end down...
  5. V

Oh by the way Kelly, very sweet fish!!
  6. V

Guys thanks for all your advice. I am just wondering if this tyee (check it out on Craiglist it's the only one there) is overpriced for the year. I mean, it wouldn't have cost much more for it than new no? But saying that, the 2009 DE only has a 90hp so, maybe the Tyee is worth close to it due...
  7. V

Hey all! So I am narrowing down a few choices on my FIRST family fishing boat. Currently considering a 2009 17 foot Double Eagle / 90 Hp @ (21g's) or a 2007 18 foot Malibu Tyee with Mercury Optimax 150 with 85 hours, kicker included @ (27g's) I have had AWESOME feedback on the DE, but I wish...
  8. V

Thoughts on a 2009 Double Eagle

hey again KCW I am new to this and when I go to the buy sell forum it lists real old ads? Can you be more specific in how I can get to this ad? are you saying you're saying your friend is "looking for a DE" or is he "selling one"? sorry but I am not sure your meaning? Hey thanks! Weston
  9. V

Sculpin here is one for you to offer your opinion on, check out Nanaimo Craigslist under LUND boat. The 20 footer (2007 model year) from Maple Ridge. What do you think of this boat? I mean it has more room, bigger hp (aluminum smile!) Is it a more seaworthy boat than the DE 17 footer? What do...
  10. V

KCW I checked buy and sell ONLINE and couldn't find any DE for sale? Cheers
  11. V

KCW would that be Victoria buy and sell? Cheers!
  12. V

Thanks wet spot. All good points and well taken into consideration. I think I will load up the fam and have them at least sit in the 17 footer. If it is too small, I might consider moving up the 18 foot DE with cuddy. At least the cuddy will be a little space for the kids to unwind, play some...
  13. V

hey Casper! Hey Tips! Hey Dan! Guy's if you don't mind and have a minute check out Nanaimo Craigslist look under Hourston boats. The one for 17g's out of Gibson. What do you guys think of this one price wise and what not you can offer compared to the 17 foot 2009 DE @ 21g's with a 90 HP. I would...
  14. V

KCW who is Peterman and "had" meaning he "sold" it? Thanks
  15. V

so is the census the 17 foot Double Eagle is going to be a) Underpowered with the 90 hp and b) not enough room for me and my two young kids and wife? Thanks guys.
  16. V

Check it out 2003 Hourston Glascraft runabout with a 200 hp, in Nanaimo Craigslist. He is asking 17500 for it. Is this comparable to the 2009 Double Eagle I am looking at for 21'gs with a 90 hp. Ok now everyone, what are your thoughts as to the best boat to haul my little fam in fishing? As...
  17. V

Thanks as well "High Five" (love the pic, funny movie) for your thoughts. Yeah, saves on gas is right. Prob see gas hit $1.50-60 soon enough. We will be telling our kids about the "good old days" that in reality was last weekend. Most likely the big boys stock piling up the fuel for what looks...
  18. V

hello Chero! How do you find the 17 footer with the 90 HP, is it enough kick? If I had say three adults with me would that be underpowered? Or do you find it "just right"? cheers!
  19. V

Hey guys thanks for all your experienced comments! I feel more confident on this purchase. It is very hard to find an 18 foot cuddy as I have looked diligently. My friend came across this 17 foot (cuddy-less) and I think I should jump on it as these boats (newer models) just don't come up. I was...
  20. V

Hey I didn' think you were even ranting. You obviously have experience. I am grateful people such as yourself even give a newbie to this sport the time of day. Your thoughts as well as those out there with more experience than I are always gratefully welcomed! I will take your advice and get the...
Back