Search results

1. Hot Rods

Hardy Rods and reels

All sold. Thanks for the support everyone. Come on out to the hatchery garage sale on Sunday, Nov.3
  2. Hot Rods

2019 Silva Bay Fishing Derby

July 20-21. Tickets available later this week. PM me if you have any questions. clydewicks@telus.net Poster to follow as soon as I figure out how to make the file size smaller.
  3. Hot Rods

2018 Silva Bay Father’s Day derby

Looking forward to the 30th annual Silva Bay Derby, June 16-17. It’s our tyee edition. Great prizes as usual. Yamaha 9.9 from Parker Marine. HDS 12 Lowrance sounder from Harbour Chandler. $1100 gift certificate from PNT. plus dozens of other great prizes.
  4. Hot Rods

2017 Silva Bay Derby

Tickets now available at Harbour Chandler and Gone Fishin for the 29th annual Silva Bay Derby. Fathers Day weekend. June 17 - 18. $30 entry includes draw for Lowrance HDS 12 sounder and a burger at the Sunday afternoon awards ceremony. Over &15,000 in prizes. All proceeds go to the Nanaimo River...
  5. Hot Rods

Covered moorage Nanaimo

My 20' boat shed in Nanaimo is available for sublet for April and part of May. PM me if interested.
  6. Hot Rods

Proposal to anchor freighters off Gabriola

The proposal to anchor massive 1000 foot freighters off the north east side of Gabriola, from Orlebar Point to Silva Bay has gone through the environmental review and now sits with DFO. If successful, this will turn one of the best and most consistent mid-Island recreational fishing spots into...
  7. Hot Rods

2016 Silva Bay Fishing Derby

The 28th. Annual Silva Bay Fathers Day Fishing Derby will be held June 18 - 19 this year. Entry fee is $25 per angler or $50 per family. (Immediate family fishing from same boat) A Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3 touch screen sounder will be awarded to a lucky ticket purchaser. Top prize is a Yamaha 9.9...
  8. Hot Rods

2015 Silva Bay Derby

The Silva Bay Derby is scheduled for Fathers Day weekend again this year. June 20-21. Always looking for new sponsors so let us know if you can donate or have a business friend who might want to help. 100% of the proceeds go to the Nanaimo River Community Fish Hatchery. Email me if you can help...
  9. Hot Rods

Nanaimo mid-Island SFAC meeting

The Mid-Island SFAC spring meeting is scheduled for March 19th. 7pm at the Nanaimo Fish and Game Club traphouse building.
  10. Hot Rods

Kicker bracket

Trolling bracket, holds up 20 hp. Spring loaded. Good condition. $25 goes to the Nanaimo Fish Hatchery. PM if interested.
  11. Hot Rods

Drift boat plans/free

I have the plans for a 13' Fernwood Drift boat if anyone wants them. Built and fished this boat about 20 years ago. Nice rig. Send me a pm if interested.
  12. Hot Rods

The latest on Prawn Traps Found

With a little effort we managed to track down the "original" owner of the prawn traps we found off Neck Point on Monday. We cleaned up the float and were able to read the phone number. His traps were stolen last year in Alberni. He has never prawned on this side. Now, wouldn't it be nice if the...
  13. Hot Rods

Prawn traps found off Neck

Anyone lose four prawn traps all attached to the same line off Neck Pt a while back. Hauled them up hooked on my traps today. Float deflated. Can't read the name or the number but it looks like 250-228-something. Owner found, see new Prawn traps found post.
  14. Hot Rods

Nanaimo SFAC meeting

The fall meeting of the Mid-Island SFAC will be held at the Nanaimo Fish And Game club on Oct. 30 starting at 7pm. All recreational anglers are welcome to attend. For more info or to suggest an agenda item send me a PM.
  15. Hot Rods

Nanaimo Hatchery Garage Sale fund raiser

Support the Nanaimo River Community Fish Hatchery by donating any of your surplus boating or fishing gear to our Garage Sale. We'll take anything related to boating as long as it works. Sale will be held Sunday, November 2nd at the hatchery as part of Spawning Day and Open House celebrations...
  16. Hot Rods

Fish finder

New, still in box, Hummingbird One Hundred fish finder unit. Just the head and cables. No transducer. Best offer. Send me a PM. if interested. Located in Nanaimo
  17. Hot Rods

Silva Bay Derby Rules

Here are the rules for the Silva Bay Derby this Fathers Day weekend. A maximum of 500 tickets are available at Harbour Chandler, Gone Fishin, and PNT, so don't wait until the last minute. 2014 Silva Bay Derby Rules 1: All fish must be caught within the boundaries. Icarus, Neck...
  18. Hot Rods

Silva Bay Derby Rules

Here are the rules for the Silva Bay Derby this Fathers Day weekend. A maximum of 500 tickets are available at Harbour Chandler, Gone Fishin, and PNT, so don't wait until the last minute. 2014 Silva Bay Derby Rules 1: All fish must be caught within the boundaries. Icarus, Neck...
  19. Hot Rods

Prawn trap found

Somebody out there named Felix with a phone number that is no longer in service lose a prawn trap last week???
  20. Hot Rods

Grady White boat seats

I have two pilot chairs from my 20' Grady for sale. Sliders are attached. Good condition. Any questions or make me an offer via pm.
Back