Search results

1. Hot Rods

Hardy Rods and reels

All sold. Thanks for the support everyone. Come on out to the hatchery garage sale on Sunday, Nov.3
  2. Hot Rods

2019 Silva Bay Fishing Derby

Tickets are now available at Gone Fishin and Harbour Chandler
  3. Hot Rods

2019 Silva Bay Fishing Derby

July 20-21. Tickets available later this week. PM me if you have any questions. clydewicks@telus.net Poster to follow as soon as I figure out how to make the file size smaller.
  4. Hot Rods

2018 Silva Bay Father’s Day derby

Looking forward to the 30th annual Silva Bay Derby, June 16-17. It’s our tyee edition. Great prizes as usual. Yamaha 9.9 from Parker Marine. HDS 12 Lowrance sounder from Harbour Chandler. $1100 gift certificate from PNT. plus dozens of other great prizes.
  5. Hot Rods

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Found a trap trap off Entrance this morning. Number not legible. Float is a boat bumper with one end spray painted red. PM me if it's yours.
  6. Hot Rods

2017 Silva Bay Derby

Don't sweat it PM. Anyone who tries to enter a rubber tire in the "most unusual fish" category definitely has a sense of humour. Fun and funds for the hatchery is what this event is all about. No problem doing the tabulating when we only have 50 or 60 Chinook weighed in. It becomes a time...
  7. Hot Rods

2017 Silva Bay Derby

Sounds like you did pretty well on the prizes Party Marty. Sorry you were disappointed your other fish went further down the prize list. However, your statement is not accurate. The top 50 prizes are awarded, including 31 Chinook, then the remainder of the Chinook are called based on a random...
  8. Hot Rods

2017 Silva Bay Derby

Same as always. Icarus Point on the north to Porlier Pass on the south and up to five miles oss shore.
  9. Hot Rods

2017 Silva Bay Derby

There are prizes for Chinook, coho, ling (closest to 15 lb without going over). Halibut, rockfish and sole. Even one for the best hat at the awards ceremony.
  10. Hot Rods

2017 Silva Bay Derby

No prize list other than the 9.9 Yamaha for largest Chinook. The rest you get to pick from the prize table. We have downriggers, trap puller, Islander and Amundsen rods and reels and over 50 other great prizes.
  11. Hot Rods

2017 Silva Bay Derby

Tickets now available at Harbour Chandler and Gone Fishin for the 29th annual Silva Bay Derby. Fathers Day weekend. June 17 - 18. $30 entry includes draw for Lowrance HDS 12 sounder and a burger at the Sunday afternoon awards ceremony. Over &15,000 in prizes. All proceeds go to the Nanaimo River...
  12. Hot Rods

2016 Silva Bay Fishing Derby

The annual Silva Bay Derby is scheduled for Fathers Day weekend again this year. June 17-18. Tickets will be available shortly. We have some great prizes already donated. Lowrance HDS Gen 3 sounder from Harbour Chandler. 9.9 Yamaha from Parker Marine. Scotty electric downrigger from Wholesale...
  13. Hot Rods

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Finally, fish off Nanaimo. Lots of limit catches today. 100 to 140 down out in deeper water.
  14. Hot Rods

Covered moorage Nanaimo

My 20' boat shed in Nanaimo is available for sublet for April and part of May. PM me if interested.
  15. Hot Rods

Thanks to everyone who participated in the 28 annual Silva Bay Derby despite the very inaccurate weather forecast. They got the rain right but we had no wind both days. Lowrance HDS 12 sounder was won by Nina Wheatley. Largest chinook was 23.61 lbs. caught by Tony Harvey (Hoochie Koo). He won a...
  16. Hot Rods

Tightlines 22. Call Jenny the office manager at Silva Bay Marina. 250-247-8662
  17. Hot Rods

Looks like a great weather forecast for the derby weekend.
  18. Hot Rods

Proposal to anchor freighters off Gabriola

The proposal to anchor massive 1000 foot freighters off the north east side of Gabriola, from Orlebar Point to Silva Bay has gone through the environmental review and now sits with DFO. If successful, this will turn one of the best and most consistent mid-Island recreational fishing spots into...
  19. Hot Rods

Thanks John. This is looking like the best prize table we have had in the 28 year history of the derby.
  20. Hot Rods

Some more great prizes have been donated to this years derby. A Bradley smoker from Wholesale Sports and a Kayak from Canadian Tire. I have had a chance to see the Lowrance HDS 12 sounder from Harbour Chandler in action. It does everything but bait your hook. It goes as a draw prize from all...
Back