Search results

1. stones93

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

without any knowledge of the situation, your comment is @##$%^ dumb!
  2. stones93

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was out today on a 27 ft Grady. It was a little nasty early 7am. Started by the bell and a few marks, a couple pinks one hatch coho and one lost (smaller) chinook. Went to north arm around 10:15. Very little action except for one nice hit that got sealed before the release clip popped! We...
  3. stones93

Charter recommendations

I love fishing with either Bon Chovy Fishing charters or Pacific Angler if you decide to stay around Vancouver. I have over 20 trips between the 2 so give me a PM if you have questions!
  4. stones93

An Open Letter to Jonathan Wilkinson from the SPORT FISHING INSTITUTE

Every time Wilkinson posts some political ******** photo op post on FB I make sure to post our concerns and call him out. They may not be taking any west coast fishing questions but his supporters need to know what kind of hypocrite he is! He also needs to know that we will be heard and he cant...
  5. stones93

Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

HAHAHA! I just got a spam call from the Liberals asking if they can count on my support this fall. Perfect timing and I politely told her why I disagree with their DFO and Ministerial policies regarding the west coast fishery. She just wanted off the phone to call someone else but I wanted her...
  6. stones93

Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

I feel this has been tragically overlooked in the media! we need to start local and have the tidal wave start to spread from there. Even social media outlets like Daily Hive, CKNW ect ect. We should be spamming them to not just report the event of a protest but get them to force Minister...
  7. stones93

Unfortunately that Prime Minister wouldn't do a damn thing that affects the first Nations on the Frazer, ESPECIALLY after his SNC debacle and Jody Wilson-Raybold affair!
  8. stones93

I would suggest that we ALL spam Minister Wilkinsons FB page with this info every time he (or an associate underling) posts photo op or announcements that are hollow and also let him know that we are on to him and know the real reason he is doing this to us! Don't let him control the narrative...
  9. stones93

Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

very well said and thank you for sharing! I would suggest that we ALL spam Minister Wilkinsons FB page with this info every time he (or an associate underling) posts photo op or announcements that are hollow and also let him know that we are on to him and know the real reason he is doing this...
  10. stones93

2018 Haida Gwaii Reports

I think tomorrow is the first day back to 2//4 for nookies. Both Langara and Westcoast resorts are reporting that Langara island has been on fire the last 3-4 days!
  11. stones93

a newbie question about fishing line?

Sorry to bother you all but I have a newbie question. I have got brand new line and backing on my MR3's last year. They were used motor mooching at Langara almost 1 year ago. The line was put on a week before. It is 30lb test. My question is, after I used it last year my reels wen into their...
  12. stones93

2018 Haida Gwaii Reports

do you add anything to that or just the swimbait? (ie: a pice of salmon?)
  13. stones93

2018 Haida Gwaii Reports

1 a day until July 9th, then back to 2 with 4 possession. Thank god I am going up on July 13th when last year I went up July 6th.
  14. stones93

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Limited out today with 4 chinook 13-19lbs. They are fairly shallow. We fished from 7:30 until 1pm. All were caught near the bell in about 110ft of water. Used anchovies. I was in a 17ft boston whaler with a tiller motor. What a perfect day with the heat, wind and waves. Saw some decent action at...
  15. stones93

2017 Haida Gwaii Reports

Fishin'Zinn, I didn't spend anytime going for ling this year but lots of people has success for smaller eaters at 150-180ft between no-name and Macpherson. I also spent a lot of time talking with the lodge manager and a few guide friends and have good avionics' spots on the north side of the...
  16. stones93

2017 Haida Gwaii Reports

Just got back from Langara yesterday. Great wether and winds. Didn't spend time going for a big hali or lings but has tons of coho (up to 14 lbs and averaged about 8-9 lbs). Chinook were a bit tougher to find but when you did it was great, size has been going up with lots over 20lbs. Our...
  17. stones93

https://www.facebook.com/berrysbait/photos/a.260112067405692.63916.194125480671018/1426212184129002/?type=3&theater this is what I saw yesterday.
  18. stones93

I saw a report today of a chinook caught of sandheads. Early but hopefully a good sign!
  19. stones93

anyone make salmon jerky in the oven?

I have a bear problem and strata doent let me use a smoker (never have used one anyways) but I would like to make salmon jerky! I always get a but of salmon smoked both cold and hot, but I would like to use a bunch of leftover salmon in my freezer to make jerky. The best I have had was a sweet...
  20. stones93

2017 Haida Gwaii Reports

Thank you very much Barry for the video! I am heading up to Langara this weekend with my 14 year old nephew. It was awesome to be able to show him what a bite looks like and also to give him confidence that he can pull these fish in (truth be told he is stronger than any of us old guys going...
Back