Search results

1. B

Optimax for sale

2000 225XLHP Mercury Optimax Marine Engine. Two stroke with a 25” shaft. Serial No ..OTO 76529. Only 750 hours on motor. Asking 2500.00 or Best Offer. Starts and runs up to 2300 rpm but doesn’t hold higher rpm, unsure why as haven’t got it looked at since this issue came up on the...
  2. B

wanted - shimano moocher plus 1000gt

Hi all, Looking for one of these older smaller Shimano moochers (1000 size). Not sure when they stopped making these but I find them fun for sockeye/coho. If anyone has one laying around in half decent condition please shoot me a message. I'm in Nanaimo but can pick up at various points on the...
  3. B

Coho Trip

So my girlfriend loves smoked Coho and has given me the green light to plan a day or weekend trip next weekend to target Coho in hopes of filling the smoker. It's honestly been years since I did any serious fall Coho fishing (used to love Alberni Inlet, or, the Sonora Island areas) as I am...
  4. B

Trout fishing from shore

It has been decades since I trout fished from shore... Looking to take out a couple of kids (6 and 8) this weekend somewhere within a 1 hour drive of Nanaimo. Off-road adventure would add extra excitement for them but is not a requirement. Would prefer somewhere I am hopefully not going to be...
  5. B

Vortex Viper scope for sale

I have a Vortex Viper 4-16x44 HS model for sale. No dents, dings or scratches, only been shot at targets, never hunted with. Will include the matching set of Vortex defender objective and eye piece flip caps. This is a good deal as after tax and including shipping and the additional scope caps...
  6. B

Wanted - Eagle Claw Hooks

Hi all, Please consider this post my request for contact from anyone who has unused 5/0 and/or 4/0 open eye eagle claw permasteel siwash (curved point) hooks that they are willing to part with. The exact code is the 221 ss I believe. They were usually sold in either 100 packs in a small round...
  7. B

Set of 4 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S Tires

I'm selling the stock tires from my new to me 2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. The vehicle had 37,000 km's when I purchased it used in late December 2017, before I replaced these stock tires with BFG AT KO 2 for harder off-road use in early January 2018. Comox Valley Volkswagen told me...
  8. B

Hooks for Anchovy Teaser Rigs

Have an ongoing battle trying to find the ideal hook for my teaser head rigs. In the last 2 years I have straightened various sizes of the owner cutting point trebles (despite the hefty pricetag!) and VMC permasteel conecuts. I used to run the eagle claw 3x bronze trebles with the clawpoint but...
  9. B

Two Shimano Rods For Sale (Nanaimo)

Hi all, I have two shimano rods for sale, both in excellent condition (used less than 10 times each). First, is a Clarus salmon/steelhead casting rod. Fast action, 9 feet, 8-14pound rating. Medium power with 1/4 - 3/4 lure weight, Im -7 Graphite construction. This is a beauty for chucking...
  10. B

WANTED - K-3 spoons (or equivalent)

Title of the thread says it all - looking for K-3 spoons, preferably in the hammered gold, silver or copper finishes (no weird painted stuff). The old Acme stee-lee spoons would also be of interest in the same patterns. Please PM if you have anything of interest!
  11. B

UV affect on spoons

Hey guys I know some of you on here are quite the accomplished lure makers / painters so this question goes out to you... Any tips on getting a purple UV / shiny silver look on spoons? (silver horde has a spoon "purple haze" spoon that does a nice job of this btw) I'm looking for a...
  12. B

For Sale - Shimano Charter Special TR 2000 Lever Drag

For Sale: Shimano Charter Special TR 2000 Lever Drag reel. A great choice for jigging that's not super heavy duty, although I did actually reel in a 130 pound hali on it in July 2012. Its 6 years old but has probably only been used about 8-9 times. I bought it as a back-up reel for hali...
  13. B

Best Siwash Hook for Sockeye Hoochies

In anticipation of the big Alberni Sockeye run this summer I've decided to try rigging some sockeye squirts using a single siwash. I usually run double 3/0 gammy's, but want to see if the big single loses less fish. When I rig my normal Chinook/Coho hoochies with a siwash I like an eagle claw...
Back