Search results

1. B

2023 Campbell River Reports

any reports from north of the narrows?
  2. B

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Hit some more Chinook at fingers from low slack onwards yesterday once the water calmed down a bit. Also had a couple on but rookie crew we had out couldn’t land them on the tack from fingers to neck. Hoochies again. All the Chinook I’ve kept the last 2 days have been mature fish with empty...
  3. B

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Slogged it out in the chop this afternoon till it calmed down and then had a nice evening. Tacked from neck to fingers and back and found 3 nice keeper Chinook, biggest 16.5 and lost 2 other solid Chinook. Released 1 small keeper Chinook, numerous pinks, and undersized Chinook. All substantial...
  4. B

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Also had a great day at entrance on Monday, 3 slot chinooks, lost 2 screamers, 2 hatchery coho, released a pile of nice wilds, a 1 pink, and 3 nice eating sized lings. Tons of boats out.
  5. B

2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

6 inch plugs on the bottom produced for us this am, done by 7 with our 3 slot fish.
  6. B

2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Anything happening at French Creek? Heading out tomorrow and will report back after.
  7. B

2023 Campbell River Reports

What size/kind of jig, if you don’t mind sharing?
  8. B

Taking DFO to Court

While I am thankful for all the people who spend their time at SFAB meetings, and lobbying through other various organizations, having our rights secured in court in the way that quota is allocated, the way the FN's have effectively done (at great time and expense mind you) is the ONLY way...
  9. B

Hoochie setup

For kill fisheries with minimal chances of needing to release fish (especially smaller ones) a 5/0 siwash on a swivel is very hard to beat for a standard octopus or cuttlefish hooch, spaced back so the bend of the hook is exactly at the end of the tentacles. If in a situation where many...
  10. B

Optimax for sale

2000 225XLHP Mercury Optimax Marine Engine. Two stroke with a 25” shaft. Serial No ..OTO 76529. Only 750 hours on motor. Asking 2500.00 or Best Offer. Starts and runs up to 2300 rpm but doesn’t hold higher rpm, unsure why as haven’t got it looked at since this issue came up on the...
  11. B

2023 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

damn, guess that 3 day seine opening had an impact...
  12. B

Thanks for the info, is there still that commercial fishing free zone around China Creek area?
  13. B

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Yeah my understanding is the surf line boundary posted above results in pachena, keeha, Beale being open despite being in area 123-1
  14. B

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Anything happening for chinook/coho around Bamfield? Heading up for the long weekend and have heard almost nil for reports. Would think there ought to be a few fish hanging around Beale area if there are squid around.
  15. B

Any word on how the bite is further out the inlet towards Nahmint/Hook Bay area? Any netting scheduled for before the long weekend?
  16. B

Island Fires

So is it actually confirmed one way or the other if once the highway is opened to single alternating traffic whether this is just for "essential" traffic or can anyone get in line and go through? I've seen conflicting information on this rather critical point.
  17. B

What's with the clipped coho?

I think it is very time and place dependent, last weekend we could only get wilds off Nanaimo. I haven't heard about any major changes in hatchery clipping practices but it sure would be nice if true!
Back