Search results

1. Foxsea

Battery charger - Pro Sport 20 amp

3 bank, Pro Mariner on board charger. I replaced it with a larger unit but this one works fine. Smart technology but no algorithm for lithium batteries. About 7 years old. (stock photo) Asking $120.00. Over $300.00 plus taxes, new. In Courtenay but will box and ship, too. (Postage extra)
  2. Foxsea

Smaller boats to avoid buying

I have owned many, inexpensive boats and a few better ones. Now, a buddy is looking for a 17 - 18' boat for coastal fishing. We all agree Double Eagles are tried and true. My 1993 Malibu Tyee was fantastic - gave me many years of safe, fun times from Nootka to Sooke, Bamfield and out on La...
  3. Foxsea

Mercruiser Bravo II Props

2 aluminum 21 pitch, 1st is Solas, 2nd is Quicksilver Solas is near new, $375 Quicksilver professionally reconditioned. $325 No nicks, chips or other damage. Will package and ship at Can Post cost.
  4. Foxsea

Bump, bump, BANG!

Heading to Heriot Bay a couple of weeks ago, we saw a fair bit of wood in the water, near Mittelnatch Island. I guess the big tides pulled it off the beaches. My spotter was doing a great job and we thought we were in the clear. Nope. The impact of a big deadhead took the drive off. C-Tow did a...
  5. Foxsea

2016 E-Tec HO for sale

It's off the boat now. Starts and runs very well. Not sure of the exact hours but maybe 100 to 200? A scan would verify. It was the kicker on a 30 foot boat but we no longer need it. Asking $2800 but make me a reasonable offer and it's gone. In Merville (near Courtenay.)
  6. Foxsea

I promised ...

Pictures! The boat is out of the shed and getting splashed in 3 hours. Brando welded up a fine pedestal for my newly installed Halo 20+ radar. Thank you! I painted it with white epoxy paint and then 2 coats of Krylon for outdoor UV protection. And then my seemingly never-ending project of a...
  7. Foxsea

The expertise will endure.

I was drinking an afternoon coffee and reading some fix-it posts. I'm always impressed by the level of talent here and the unique and imaginative solutions that other boaters have to our common boating issues. Now granted, some here despise all social media. I too have a hate-on for some of it...
  8. Foxsea

2016 E-Tec 15 HO

This has been very lightly used as a kicker. - maybe 100 hours. I'm taking it off my boat to install a better davit system. It has electric start, tilt and trim. It looks new and it starts and runs like a champ! Can be seen running on muffs. All maintenance is up to date. Asking $3500. I'm in...
  9. Foxsea

2016 15 HO E-Tec for sale

This has been very lightly used as a kicker. I'm taking it off my boat to mount better dinghy davits. It has electric start, tilt and trim. I'm guessing it may have as much as 100 hours on it. All maintenance is up to date. It looks great and starts and runs like a champ! It's still on the boat...
  10. Foxsea

Disinfecting RV and boat plumbing

Who knew this? Forget bleach, etc. Propylene glycol, even the vapor, is a potent anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agent. Yes, that's pink plumbing anti-freeze. So if you used it to winterize your fresh water system, including the tanks, you have already sanitized. Flush it out in the...
  11. Foxsea

Disinfecting water tanks and lines.

Who knew this? Forget bleach, etc. Propylene glycol, even the vapor, is a potent anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agent. Yes, that's pink plumbing anti-freeze. So if you used it to winterize your fresh water system, including the tanks, you have already sanitized. Flush it out in the...
  12. Foxsea

Catch and release - reminders

Admin. rightly noted that this discussion should be taken away from the Nanoose/French Creek Reports. The topic has been discussed before but apparently some reminders are necessary. The science is clear and this is the distillation of the findings concerning catch and release and reducing fish...
  13. Foxsea

ISO Good quality, used boat trailer.

For an 18' fiberglass boat. Galvanized, either roller or roller/bunk combination. Not looking for a project but I don't mind if it needs a little bit of work - tires, winch, jack, etc.. Must be roadworthy and registered. Under $1500 and Nanaimo north location preferred. Please PM me with...
  14. Foxsea

Wanted: trailer for 17' fiberglass boat

Looking for a new or slightly used single axle trailer with about 2500 pound capacity. On the Island preferred. All recommendations are appreciated!
  15. Foxsea

Improved habitat needed - Seattle Times

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/restoring-salmon-runs-not-politics-will-save-southern-resident-killer-whales/?
  16. Foxsea

Yamaha F115 timing belt

My 2006 outboard requires a new timing belt, according to the maintenance schedule. The engine only has about 800 hours on it and the belt looks good. The local shop says about $500 labour and materials, to change it. However, if I can do it myself, it's inexpensive peace of mind. Has anyone...
  17. Foxsea

Seasonal jokes, already...

18. Foxsea

Why are you a better fisherman?

We all want to catch fish. But clearly, some are doing that well while others are often frustrated. There are hundreds of members here. You have no doubt noticed that the same people are submitting reports again and again. Of the factors discussed in these reports, the key factors are...
  19. Foxsea

Wild First

I just added my voice to the Wild First campaign. This campaign seeks to work with our federal and provincial governments to remove open-net pen salmon farms from the pacific ocean. Doing so is critical to saving wild salmon and ensuring the resiliency of the environment, economies, and...
Back