Search results

1. Foxsea

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

You apparently make stuff up, John. That's from watching too much Trump T.V. 😂
  2. Foxsea

Ooohh! Impressive! Lifestyle choices. Just me but I'd rather fish from a tinny with no need for a bait board. I often fish five feet off the rocks, where the Springs hang. No $800,000 yacht doing that!
  3. Foxsea

2024 Campbell River Reports

Of course! It's handy to an I.R.
  4. Foxsea

It's not proteins - it's polyethylene. Maybe you have a family member or friend that will help. It's pretty easy to do. Scrap HMWP sourced from Industrial Plastics. Build your skillset. The tools you need are cheap. No drillpress? Everyone has a cordless drill these days, anyway. Just screw...
  5. Foxsea

Just an idea but I machined a spacer from HMWP. It works easily with common woodworking tools. I only needed 2" thick so I laminated 1" scrap ($20). I cut the outside circumference with a hole saw - go slow so it doesn't heat up. Then I re-drilled the inside to the correct diameter. A drill...
  6. Foxsea

Mercruiser Power Trim pump leak

Sometimes, when old parts start to go, it's one after the other. Just a reason to buy the new one.
  7. Foxsea

I just entered a search on eBay. Mine was removed from a newer, wrecked boat. Yeah - new are crazy prices! Here's one: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/204406254825?itmmeta=01HTBV845T58MX4Z8QZE4W4Z7T&hash=item2f978fece9:g:-QYAAOSw-4Bka6qz
  8. Foxsea

You could be correct: it's an issue with the fitting. Hydraulic pumps put out a lot of pressure. However, if that fitting is tight, I doubt it's the hose. Oil could be leaking down from the pump, itself. I just replaced my 30 year old unit - it was leaking from an internal seal. I found a...
  9. Foxsea

Tyson vs Paul....

Shhhh! I don't want Chuck on my boat, either. 😂 He'd be overboard for his buzzkill and I'd feel a wee bit guilty for helping.
  10. Foxsea

Tyson vs Paul....

Come on man. This ain't Ru PAUL, Dillan Mulvaney or the Khardashian's! 😂 It's epic drama: the old man comes back to beat down the smart butt, "tough" punk. Did you hate El Torino, too?
  11. Foxsea

It's important to keep water out of the wood core. You should be fine at the tabs. For the other two, your plan is sound. Remember that these days, many shop personnel have no more experience than you do and they don't care as much.
  12. Foxsea

Yes and yes! Actually painting over is great. It protects epoxy from U.V. Just ensure it's well cured (a week) and rough it up slightly prior to painting. Clean with acetone. When working with epoxy remember it's chemistry - correct proportions and thorough mixing (2 minutes, at least) are...
  13. Foxsea

You are likely overthinking. For the holes, ream them out a little with a drill. Make certain the holes are dry. Mask around them. Mix up MarineTex. Epoxy does a better job than gel-coat. They make an off-white. Thin it a bit with acetone. (If you chill this mix in a fridge the cure slows down.)...
  14. Foxsea

Striper 2100 cc do I buy it, I’m a beginner , and newbie?

It is glorious! Nothing much better. You can fish alone but it's tough. Trying to land a nice fish by yourself? - bye bye. There are lots of threads on here for Newby boaters. Search them out.
  15. Foxsea

Tyson vs Paul....

How does a champion rate another great fighter: “He threw terrific shots with both hands and with bad intentions. Great champion: chin, heart, determination, work ethic, demeanor,” Tyson said of Holyfield." With those 5 qualities in mind, look at Paul.
  16. Foxsea

random question regarding boat insurance

Mike, of course the saving could be worthwhile. As when we travel, I pay much more attention to the reviews than the prices. For insurance, especially the experiences after placing claims.
  17. Foxsea

random question regarding boat insurance

Last year I had a $38,000 claim. It was managed quickly and without any aggravation. My renewal premium increase was nada. That was worth 'way more than the $200.00 that I may have "saved". ( I have checked other quotes. The cheaper quote is not worth my time to make the change. But I also...
  18. Foxsea

Tyson vs Paul....

He has the same brain as when he was 20, plus 38 more years of experience. There will be a time when he's done but now is not it. Paul, sorry dude, should have stuck with YouTube. Maybe it's an exhibition. If not, I hope he doesn't get more than his ego hurt.
Back