Search results

1. Andrew P

Wanted: 6Hp 4 stroke

In search of a 6hp 4 stroke with built in fuel tank (and ideally ability to hook up external tank as well) for an inflatable boat. Looking for near new or lightly used. Yamaha and Mercury preferred but am open to options. Located in Victoria. Thanks in advance, Andrew
  2. Andrew P

Towing a fishing boat behind cruiser....

Hey Folks, We just added a 1983 Island Gypsy 32 displacement (15000lb) trawler to the family fleet and I'm hoping that it can tow my fishing boat (Dawn Patrol, 18.5' Liquid Metal hard top, 3800lb loaded) along on the adventures. It cruiser at a very relaxed 7kn with a 120hp ford lehman diesel...
  3. Andrew P

Well, someone stole my spoon design and misreprenting as their own...not cool.

Hey Guys, It has come to light that a gentleman by the name of John Beath, owner of Squid Pro Tackle in Washington has gone and blatantly knocked off my spoon design, and namely my 3” AP Anchovy Spoon, and misrepresenting my design as his own, even though we have been selling in the Washington...
  4. Andrew P

Sayward boat launch and parking...

Family boating trip to the Broughtons is fast approaching July 3-10). I am planning to launch out of Sayward this year, run up to Echo Bay and then work our way back south over the week. Any info on the ramp and parking there for a week is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  5. Andrew P

Wanted: D.A.M. Quick spin casting reels...

I'm looking for any old D.A.M. Quick reels from the 60's and 70's. Ideally in good working condition as they will not be sitting on the shelf. Interested in any sizes but specifically the 221. Will pay cash or trade for spoons. Thanks in advance!
  6. Andrew P

Motor mounted electric kickers? Tried one?

I’m considering trying out an electric kicker set up, namely the Minn Kota Riptide EM 160lb thrust (24V). It mounts right on the main engine leg and is supposedly should perform in the 6-9.9hp equivalent range. When on plane it is out of water. Retails around $1800 plus batteries, charger and...
  7. Andrew P

Calling all Fish Farm Advocates!!! This is your chance!!

That's right! This is your chance to debate your nemesis, the one and only Alexandra Morton, LIVE!! You are all so confident that your Norwegian PRV isn't damaging wild salmon stocks. Now is your chance to debate Alex.
  8. Andrew P

Best way to cross the Nitnat bar? Like this!

I was lucky enough to get invited on a trip up to Nootka with a Victoria charity, Power To Be (https://powertobe.ca), who helps people with disabilities have awesome adventures that they never thought would be possible. It really was a dream day overall even though the fishing was super slow on...
  9. Andrew P

Broughton's July 7-12...where to fish?

Hey Guys, I'm jumping in a float plane out of Campbell River with my oldest son (6) and meeting up with my parents on their sailboat either in Echo Bay or Sullivan Bay and likely be staying around that area. I am hoping to get some tips on where to fish in that area July 7-12th. My folks have...
  10. Andrew P

WCVI Camping/catching dinner...

Hey Guys, I am starting to get itchy for spring camping/fishing/surfing trips so I put this video together from May of last year camping with buddies on the west coast of Vancouver Island. A buddy and I went out one morning to get dinner and picked up the perfect size chinook to feed the crew...
  11. Andrew P

Salmon Smolts don't want Kinder Morgan expansion...

I got some great footage of wild coho smolts this summer while camping on the westcoast. There were hundreds of them getting ready to head out to sea where the creek meets the tidal flats. Oh, and they gave me a message about how they feel about increased pipelines in the Fraser watershed and...
  12. Andrew P

Ahousaht occupy fish farm site....

Word on the interweb is that the Ahousaht First Nations is currently occupying the site of a newly granted fish farm in Clayoquot Sound. http://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=1e9910ff251e4d32963bfb994&id=e4086e5556&fb_action_ids=1718394685055752&fb_action_types=og.likes CK, what's you inside...
  13. Andrew P

Gas tanks found in Victoria waters...lose 2?!

Hey Guys, Within the last few weeks I have come across not one....but 2 red gas cans floating in the water. Both in good condition. 1 - Yamaha brand 1 - Tempo brand I hope that someone sees this that lost them (or had stolen and the theif ditched after taking the gas...). If no...
  14. Andrew P

Navionics Ipad/Iphone Wifi Fishfinder....anyone tried?

My fish finder finds bottom and that is about it. I'd like to upgrade to something that can actually mark bait and fish. I absolutely love using my Ipad as a primary chart plotter and this seems like a good way to go. $150 seems like quite the deal...
  15. Andrew P

Video: A Birthday Herring Spawn in the Great Bear Rainforest...

Hey, Here is a little video that I put together from a trip I made to Bella Bella in April for my birthday to see the herring spawn. It was an awesome experience and one I will never forget. Hope you enjoy. Ap [DWq3VRKKNpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWq3VRKKNpU#t=276
  16. Andrew P

Sitka (home of the Sandlance) Crowdfunding Campaign...

Hey Guys, I just wanted to fill you all in on a little project that I have been working on; a crowdfunding campaign. There is a lot that has nothing to do with fishing....but I've worked it in a bit. I've put together some new Sandlance combos for it as one of the rewards so I figured I...
  17. Andrew P

Going to see the Herring Spawn around Bella Bella...

Hey Folks, I'm taking an interesting vacation this spring. My super awesome business partner gave me (and himself) a great Christmas/Birthday present; cashed in some airmiles to book us for a trip for a week April 1-7 (birthday is april 4th) to Bella Bella to go hang with a friend, Ian...
  18. Andrew P

Stripe Shrimp life cycle...in Flemings Bay

I was down at Esquimalt Anglers boat launch with my boys in September poking around on the dock and was absolutely shocked when we looked under the dock. There were literally hundreds of coon stripe shimp all over the dock and pilings. I've never seen anything like it. Here are some pics. Ive...
  19. Andrew P

Victoria Motor Theives Hard At Work...

It seems there are some active and bold thieves working hard right now in Victoria. I was the unfortunate victim last week as I had a Yamaha 2.5hp 4stroke ripped off from my driveway. They cut through 2 very solid locks to get it. I really don't know how my dog was not awaken up by it as he...
  20. Andrew P

Sitka Fishing Open House - Sandlance and more....July 31st

Hey Folks, I have been taking small steps with bringing my second passion, aside from surfing, into the product mix at my company and am really excited about what the future holds. I will be hosting an open house evening at the cafe in our store in Victoria on next Thursday (July 31st)...
Back