Search results

1. Andrew P

AP Tackleworks spoons

That's a great example of good action! You can set the youtube setting down to 1/4 speed and really see the pendulum action back and forth...not rolling. This is good in my opinion.
  2. Andrew P

AP Tackleworks spoons

Here's a little summary of how I go about choosing a spoon for the situation. Not sure if this simplifies the choices though! How to choose a lure Choosing the right lure for the situation at hand can greatly increase your odds of hooking up and, inversely, choosing the wrong lure can decrease...
  3. Andrew P

AP Tackleworks spoons

I'm going to write a summary of how I go about choosing a lure out of the huge assortment that I now make and will post it on here.
  4. Andrew P

AP Tackleworks spoons

We've got a couple orders on the go for PNT Richmond and Prince Rupert. That's how the orders have come in the last couple years.
  5. Andrew P

Wtb Ap tackle spoons

Oh, you are not alone with waiting until right before the trip! I try to do my best to accomodate such requests but it is sometimes not possible...especially mid summer. Next time feel free to give a call, text or email and chat through an order. As others pointed out, we do ship to the states...
  6. Andrew P

Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

No fish to catch in the bottom of the tackle box! lol A good general rule of thumb that I like is 12" of leader for every 1" of spoon. 3" = 36", 4" = 48", 5" 60", etc. Then I adjust a tad for time of year and species. Some like to toss a swivel in the front and they catch fish like that and...
  7. Andrew P

Property Assessments

We'll see. I was of the mindset that any increase would squash it too, but I now believe the supply/demand balance will keep those prices up for some time. There is a huge bulge of the population in their 30s. They all want houses and the boomers are helping them get into the market with record...
  8. Andrew P

Property Assessments

We are likely to see those prices keep rising for years, pandemic or not. Interest rates could dampen a bit but the demographic wave of the millennials nearing median first time home buyer age is coming...and there is no supply.
  9. Andrew P

Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

These are a copy of my 3" Anchovy Spoon unfortunately. I talked to the guy....he just had it knocked off in Asia. He is in the business of copying. Real winner.
  10. Andrew P

Mexico beach fishing

This is a great spot to cast off of. Heading towards Bocas you turn off the highway at Calle Easy. The islet is to the right when you get to the beach.
  11. Andrew P

Missing Kayaker - Sooke/Renfrew Area

I went surfing Sunday and there was a serious swell rolling in (18' @ 18 seconds). It would have been huge between Sombrio and PR. Sure hope he made it in somewhere safe.
  12. Andrew P

Merry Christmas :)

Merry Fishmas everyone! May your 2021 be filled with laughs and lunkers!
  13. Andrew P

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

To keep the little guys off I like to go bigger spoons (4” or 5”)and dummy flasher. You can see the little hits much better without the flasher on the line. I also find the tiny guys seem to be more mid water and in schools as opposed to the larger feeders on the bottom.
  14. Andrew P

Let's see your boat!

I didn’t have it custom made but it is the only one like it. Built by Liquid Metal in Sydney. It was a prototype for a sport fishing/cuddy cabin model that sat in their yard for a couple years as they were busy with gov contracts. I came in with an offer and they finished it up. Has safely taken...
  15. Andrew P

Motor mounted electric kickers? Tried one?

Here’s an update on the electric trolling set up. It’s currently dead....we were crossing the Georgia Strait and price of wood got lodged into one of the power cables and ripped it out of one of the motors. So, I’m going try to see if I can get it going over the winter. If it isn’t fried than...
  16. Andrew P

Let's see your boat!

The fleet: Dawn Patrol (20.5’ w pod, Liquid Metal) and Teak Performance (1982 Island Gypsy 32).
  17. Andrew P

Stainless steel hooks singles and trebles

I use Mustad 9510-SS, 59170-SS and 95135-SS. Sizes ranging from 1/0-7/0. The 5/0 are tough to pinch the barb but the rest go down nice. Unfortunately I heard that 3/0 is going to be the smallest available going forward, hopefully not.
  18. Andrew P

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

10 days and no reports?! I’ll add a late one from the weekend. Fished 1230-230 on Saturday out by the VH buoy and picked up a 12lb coho at 150’ on the rigger on a 5” anchovy spoon and dummy flasher. Sunday got out from 10-12 and not a bite. Anyone else have luck for coho? Definitely a bit...
  19. Andrew P

Best soap to get rid of fish smell

they are in my list of people to chat with this fall. I don’t think that any shops likely have any left but will be pinging them when this batch is ready. can always fire me a text with an order too. 250-818-8145
  20. Andrew P

Best soap to get rid of fish smell

Thanks for the mention guys! Actually chopping up a fresh batch of soap today. Still another week or so to cure.
Back