Search results

1. B

Clutsei Haven boat launch and river depth

Hi, I have a 21 foot Campion on a pod. Looking at this Sunday’s tide at early morning, it is a very low tide! (1.3) What depth of tide can you safely launch? What depth on a very low tide can you safely navigate the river to the inlet? Many thanks!
  2. B

For Sale Brand New WASP Tact Action Sports Camera #9905 A

Brand New Wasp Tact Action Spirts Camera...#9905 In Original packaging. A perfect Christmas gift for an Outdoorsmen or Women. Film/Edit/Shoot. Waterproof to 30 m. WIFI. This #9905 camera can be mounted on your choice of helmet,sled,boat etc and the controller is worn on your wrist. Price $125.00
  3. B

Aluminum top to replace a canvas top

Hi, I have an older Campion 21 foot Fishing Machine boat with a canvas top and sides. I am looking for someone in the Nanaimo to Courtney area that could give me a quote on replacing the canvas top with an aluminum top and possibly rocketlaunchers. Would then replace the side and back...
  4. B

Gator Grip Safety Tape

My fiberglass back deck`s "bubbly" surface is now worn right down. When it gets wet it is a safety hazard as it gets quite slippery. Size is 72 inches by 55 inches. Walmart offers a 15 foot roll of 6 inch wide Gator Grip safety tape. Just curious if anyone out there has used this product or...
  5. B

Alberni Inlet

Good morning all, Just wondering if there is any recent Chinook-Coho report for the China Creek to Coulson`s area? Thinking of giving it a go on the weekend. Tight lines.
  6. B

New VHF Radio-chanell 88A

Hi, picked up a new VHF radio and was scanning for channel 88A on the USA mode but only channel 88 came up. Would that be the same/ Any thoughts? Thanks
  7. B

Commercial Sockeye Openings for Alberni Canal

With the expected huge run of sockeye for Alberni canal, has anyone heard yet when the commercial openings for gillnetters and seiners will be? I would hope that this run could finally be a huge tourism year for the Alberni valley but people are reluctant to commit to moorage, campsites...
  8. B

Converting from soft top to fiberglass

Hi, Just wondering if someone can recommend a business in the Nanaimo area that would help convert my Campion soft top to a fiberglass top complete with brackets and rod holders? Just looking at the cost of a new soft top vs. a fiberglass top. Thanks.
  9. B

Coho Fishing in Port Alberni Canal

Hi all, Thinking of giving Coho fishing in Alberni canal a try this Saturday. Just looking for recent fishing reports if it is still worthwhile, spoons or hootchies that are working and what area-Franklin River, Sproat Narrows, China Creek etc. Any recent news would be great! Tight...
  10. B

How do salmon communicate with each other?

I have always wondered, do salmon talk to each other? Is there a form of communication we do not know about? Besides their lateral line picking up signals, do they "talk" to each other? Thoughts?
  11. B

Johston Straight Chum

Johnstone Straight Chum Hi, I was whale watching yesterday out of Telegraph Cove. There was 7 seiners working a point off of one of the islands out in Blackfish Sound. At the end of the day around 4:30 several of them were heading back to port and they were all very heavily laden, not much for...
  12. B

Moorage/lodging by Franklin River

Hi all, I have been fishing along Franklin River across the inlet from the forestry campsite and noticed what looks like a marina and some cabins. Does anyone know if this is a lodge and open for people to rent moorage/cabins? Would appreciate any contact info as well. Thanks
  13. B

Water Proofing Old Canvas Top

Just wondering if there is a product out there for helping to water proof or repel for an older canvas top for my boat?
  14. B

Moorage in Port Alberni

This is real late for sockeye season but any thoughts on available moorage in Port Alberni for a 21 ft Campion with a pod for the last 2 weeks of June?
  15. B

Garmin 2006C GPS

Hi looking for the inside passage MCAOO1R chip. Hoping someone out there may still have this and they would like to sell it. Thanks.
  16. B

Shops in Nanaimo to do a first rate cut polish

Hi, just looking for recommendations for shops in Nanaimo that would do a first rate cut polish on a fiberglass boat?
  17. B

Trailer repair shops in Nanaimo

Hi, needing to get tandem axle boat trailer brakes replaced. Can anyone recommend any good shops in the Nanaimo area? Reasonable shop rates would be nice too.
  18. B

Port Alberni Sockeye Forecast

Does anyone know yet what this forecast will be?
  19. B

225 Optimax for sale

L.A. Marine in Port Alberni has a used 225 Optimax for sale. Very low hours on the powerhead and all checked out ready to go!
Back