Search results

1. B

Sport Fishing Advisory Area 17 - Spring meeting Thursday March 2nd 7-9pm

Hi, I was at the meeting and would like a copy of the minutes as well please. I left my email on the sign in sheet.
  2. B

Clutsei Haven boat launch and river depth

Many thanks for the good advice!
  3. B

Clutsei Haven boat launch and river depth

Hi, I have a 21 foot Campion on a pod. Looking at this Sunday’s tide at early morning, it is a very low tide! (1.3) What depth of tide can you safely launch? What depth on a very low tide can you safely navigate the river to the inlet? Many thanks!
  4. B

Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

I understand First Nations has their constutional right to Food and Ceremonial openings. Has any group/person attempted a court case on the use of gill nets on the Fraser River rather than traditional methods like fish weirs which can be selective harvesting of the correct species of salmon? ie...
  5. B

For Sale Brand New WASP Tact Action Sports Camera #9905 A

Well there is still time for a special Christmas present for someone out there!
  6. B

Hi, I live in Nanaimo. I won this as a door prize so the package has never been opened!
  7. B

Brand New Wasp Tact Action Spirts Camera...#9905 In Original packaging. A perfect Christmas gift for an Outdoorsmen or Women. Film/Edit/Shoot. Waterproof to 30 m. WIFI. This #9905 camera can be mounted on your choice of helmet,sled,boat etc and the controller is worn on your wrist. Price $125.00
  8. B

Aluminum top to replace a canvas top

Hi, good points to consider. I had a fellow look at my boat when I was considering a fiberglass replacement top. He said it would make me too top heavy. Curious on how much it cost you to do the job!
  9. B

Thank you for your assistance!
  10. B

Hi, I have an older Campion 21 foot Fishing Machine boat with a canvas top and sides. I am looking for someone in the Nanaimo to Courtney area that could give me a quote on replacing the canvas top with an aluminum top and possibly rocketlaunchers. Would then replace the side and back...
  11. B

Two Shimano Rods For Sale (Nanaimo)

Hey Vic, Looks like a reasonable offer for sale on both rods. Let the market decide.... you are jumping the gun on this one.
  12. B

Gator Grip Safety Tape

My fiberglass back deck`s "bubbly" surface is now worn right down. When it gets wet it is a safety hazard as it gets quite slippery. Size is 72 inches by 55 inches. Walmart offers a 15 foot roll of 6 inch wide Gator Grip safety tape. Just curious if anyone out there has used this product or...
  13. B

2016 Alberni Inlet

Many thanks for the local info!!
  14. B

2016 Alberni Inlet

Thanks for the replies. Running in the river at 1.3 feet from Clutsea Haven to the inlet is okay?
  15. B

2016 Alberni Inlet

I noticed on the tide table for Saturday July 30th at 04:35 a.m. the height is 1.3 feet. What is the safe navigational level in the Somas river to get out to the inlet? Also for launching in the river, how much water do you need there? Monday it is .3 at 6:20 a.m. Looks too low for me...
  16. B

Alberni Inlet 2015

Are the First Nations gill netting over for this week? what area did they target? Thinking of going up Friday morning. Do we have a count yet how many sockeye are past the counters/ Thanks.
Back