Search results

1. Fisher Down

Who offers the cheapest basic boat insurance?

I was surprised two years ago when I ’enquired’ about making a minor claim. It was going to be strike one if I even asked for a quote to make a claim. They then informed me that I only had BOAT insurance, not MARINE insurance. (I’m no longer with this company). A buddy suggested Waypoint...
  2. Fisher Down

42" x 12"ø ProStock PF-1 fender

We found this fender with a neoprene cover drifting last summer off Nanaimo, but I wasn't able to find the owner (must have been a transient boater). So, it's for sale: PF-1 https://prostockmarine.com/products/extreme-welded-yacht-fender list price is US $221 Neo 1...
  3. Fisher Down

6' Scotty net - SOLD

SOLD As new 6' Scotty net $170 $75 https://harbourchandler.ca/scotty-landing-net-30-hoop-6-handle-aluminum/ FD Nanaimo
  4. Fisher Down

Lithium Batteries on Sale

I’ve read that you’ll need a Class “D” fire extinguisher as an ABC won’t work. Your vessel insurance will likely need to be updated to include lithium batteries. Also, your marina might have some special requirements (I know ours does, or will by the end of the year). FD
  5. Fisher Down

Silva Bay Derby is BACK - Sept 2/3 2023

I just picked up my ticket. Hope the N/W winds we’ve had for a week die down a bit.
  6. Fisher Down

SOLD - Over 200' 3/8" unused Double-Braid Nylon

Sat in my chain locker for a few years, but never deployed. Thimble on one end and eye-splice on other. FD
  7. Fisher Down

New VHF - add AIS Option?

OK, I'm not trying to stir the pot, but why would TC issue a ticket for having your AIS transmitted? FD
  8. Fisher Down

SOLD - Genuine Bruce anchor 7.5kg (16.5lb)

$80 obo Galvanized in Nanaimo FD
  9. Fisher Down

Mercury announced its first electric outboard

Various types of electric powered boats will certainly become realistic, just not right now for most of us due to current battery limitations. It's similar to electric vehicles, especially tow vehicles. Electric trucks and SUV's are fine right now without a trailer in tow, but add 5,000-15,000...
  10. Fisher Down

Lewmar Claw anchor 22lb Victoria to Courtenay

kaelc, are you interested in a Genuine Bruce anchor, 7.5kg (15.5#)? $80 in Nanaimo. FD
  11. Fisher Down

Boat and Fishing Show dates?

Car dealers aren't necessarily locking in prices on ordered vehicles. You need a Purchase Order instead of just giving them a Deposit. See the Consumer Reports article on this scam...
  12. Fisher Down

For Sale Kicker Tie Bar

I made this setup after years of connecting an EZ Steer to the motors. Leaning out behind the motors, 10 miles offshore, in an 8' swell and 3' chop was no fun (I couldn't tilt the kicker with it connected). When I mounted my T9.9 w/power-tilt on a fixed bracket, it took some trial & error on...
  13. Fisher Down

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

X3 - Love the FG knot, and agree, it's a PITA to tie. After a mishap on the boat, I'll just use a Modified Albright to get the gear back in the water quickly, then retie at the dock or home. For my preferred FG method, C/O the YouTube that shows holding the end of the braid in your mouth. FD
  14. Fisher Down

Remote camping motor rinse?

How is Salt Away used without running water? FD
  15. Fisher Down

comox scallops

Years ago, we used to gather both rock scallops and spiny/swimming scallops around Nanaimo, but our area has been 100% closed for decades. DFO shows only 14-5, 14-8, & 14-15 as being open for scallops (inside and south of Denman). See...
  16. Fisher Down

Remote camping motor rinse?

Good point about moored boats (like mine). The spring/summer/fall season is no problem rinsing the outboards, but the marina shuts off the tap water as soon as freezing weather threatens. Does anybody have suggestions for flushing in the winter 4-months, with weekly use heading out...
  17. Fisher Down

Fuel Smell from Boat tank vents, Charcoal filters?

C PM, you say you DO have a loop in your vent hose, yet your attached PDF of the air/fuel separator shows NOT to have any loop (could be the issue). Also, I didn't notice if your vent is overboard, not on deck, at a walk-around, inside, etc. My only vent smell is while fueling (filler and vent...
  18. Fisher Down

Solar to keep batteries charged

Talk to Austin at Harbour Chandler (he's set up dozens for customers and friends). FD
  19. Fisher Down

yammy 8hp high thrust issue

x3 on the wired TrollMaster Pro. YEARS of the "too fast / too slow / too fast" frustration and replacing the throttle cables every couple years due to the excess bends to get to the offset kicker. Now we're loving trolling again. FD
Back