Search results

1. M

Masterbuilt smoker. 1 day sale

Was reading the smoker thread t the other day and the guys mentioned this smoker. Decent reviews. Looked it up on Amazon tonight and it's 110$ dollars off today. Ordered it free delivery and it came to 200 even. Thought I'd let you guys know. I've never used 1 but seems worth giving it a try...
  2. M

Starline window

I knew there a few builders here. Wondering if any of you can use a 4×2 vertical window. Double paned with crank opening. Bought for a home project but went another way. Was gonna drop at a recycling place but would rather give to one of you. Mo
  3. M

Bamfield. Aug 18-22

A bit last minute but I've had to change my plans for my best buddy's 50th next weekend. Have a new house available in grappler for the above nights and figured I'd post up here. Moorage, fish cleaning station freezer. A place the wife and kids would love. Can accommodate 2 family's very well...
  4. M

St jeans processing

I'm thinking of taking some fish to st Jeans for processing. For those of you that have used them before is there anything you quite liked( lox,candy etc) or anything you found that you didn't care for. Wife and parents want there freezers back mo
  5. M

The hot tub and the ugly stick

I was telling a member about an incident that happened and he said i should post it. I've had a few drinks so here goes. A couple months back a forum member @hippaisland posted that his sister In law has a few inflatable hot tubs for sale. Having a water access only place i figured this would...
  6. M

Stripping a 225 yamaha sws 2 stroke for parts

So years ago when I bought my present boat it came with a 225 yamaha salt water series motor. Ended up seizing that motor and managed to find the same motor to replace it. I took the old one to a friend's and it's been stored in a barn for the last 8 years. The property is now slated to be...
  7. M

Bamfield vacation July 16- 20

a couple buddy's had to back out of a trip next weekend as one got fired from work. I'm throwing this out to forum members from lower mainland that may be interested in a fly in vacation to Bamfield. . would be about recreational fishing as a team sharing rods and good times send a PM if you...
  8. M

Eagles in trees

so at the Bamfield Derby last summer an old timer I was chatting to said that if there were Eagles in the trees in the area you were fishing the place was holding fish. I've spent about 3 weeks fishing Bamfield so far and have paid attention to this. I'm beginning to think there might be...
  9. M

fishing expenses and when are you considered a guide

so I'm putting this out there cuz I value a lot of your opinions so I thought I'd get some. I know guides have a lot of time, investment and knowledge they put into there craft and why they get there people on fish. I had planned to take my Marine courses in May in Richmond but everything was...
  10. M

Suzuki 140 bad fuel

Hey guys. My buddy and I have kept our boats on the island the past few years. However he has an older Islander with a Suzuki 140 four stroke. Last summer we thought we'd get her going so we could fish out of Vancouver. It had been in storage a few years. Stabilizer in the tank. Replaced the...
  11. M

Winter moorage land or sea

Hi guys. I'm just curious as to your guys thoughts on keeping a boat in the water over winter. I had the opportunity to keep my boat moored in bamfield (grappler inlet)for the summer .My trailer is in Port Alberni and I have a place I can store on land there. So I could leave boat on dock over...
  12. M

Saltwater gear

Well rats got into my cuddy this winter and pretty much thrashed it so everything was pulled. After sorting everything out I realized I got way too much stuff. So I have flashers hootchies spoons. Some new, some beat up. Also have a cooler with tackle that will need a good cleaning. Would be...
  13. M

Cabo San Lucas

I'm down in Cabo for the week and here the fishing gas been great for yellowtail Dorado and the odd Marlin being taken. Any one on here fished down here before and no of a good charter. I'd be solo so may try to look for a shared one to save some dough but have to get out for a day regardless...
  14. M

Sooke info

After 10 years going to bamfield my crew and I decided to give sooke a go this year. Were booked at sunny shores mon to Friday next week. I'm wondering if you guys can help on must haves for tackle. Teasers hootchies spoons. Also tides next week seem real flat as in not much swing to them. how...
  15. M

yamahaox 66 225sx throttle problem

I was on the water recently and noticed some thing about my engine. its a yamaha 225 ox66 saltwater series. when i throttled up to get on plane it would hesitate at about 3000rpm . if i throttled down a bit and then up it would get up on plane but was limited to about 4000 rpm. It was still...
  16. M

24FT. Grady White Offshore 22 K

Saw this as i was cruising craigslist and thought I'd pass it on http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/2802619079.html
  17. M

Jon stewart the daily show Anti bruin -pro canucks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npn0dyhSyr0 im blind couldnt find you tube forum already up. sorry
  18. M

hip hop rod holder

stumbled on this on you tube. different http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5c3TKMy18o
  19. M

Sturgeon : North arm fraser

I'm just wondering if anyone has caught ne sturgeon on the north arm of the fraser. I have a boat moored in richmond, north arm side and usually hit the salt, wnet on a sturgeon charter in march and had a blast . any info would be great
  20. M

Helpful tool for boat shopping/browsing

Dont know if this page is common knowledge but its pretty handy http://boat.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/boat.cgi It lets you check every craigslist kijiji and e bay ad in north america and narrow it down to boat make and model. hope it helps someone
Back