Search results

1. Prawn Star

RCMP opps

This is the "official" story. https://www.campbellrivermirror.com/news/dfo-vessel-rolls-off-trailer-blocks-north-island-highway-after-strap-fails-2273811
  2. Prawn Star

RCMP opps

Someone has some splaining to do.
  3. Prawn Star

Truck needed to tow 5th wheel

Try these guys. https://truckpartsuperstore.ca/
  4. Prawn Star

Cuts of meat on sale

Correction on my post. They are wild caught Argentinian prawns. I guess I got excited when I saw "wild caught". They were very tasty though.
  5. Prawn Star

Cuts of meat on sale

Costco in Courtenay is selling wild caught spot tail prawns. I bought a couple of trays and it worked out to be $2 a prawn and these are jumbos heads on. Prawning has been terrible for me this year and these work out cheaper than catch your own when you factor in all the associated costs.
  6. Prawn Star

ICBC class 7 road test

Yes, house trailer endorsement. I went to Service BC yesterday and the front counter people didn't know but I put a call into the examiner's office and I'm waiting for them to return my call today. Thanks for all the input.
  7. Prawn Star

ICBC class 7 road test

I studied those on line tests and had them aced. I went to Service BC for the written test and failed it. Person told me study the book which I did and got 98%. On line tests not helpful. I'm just trying to find out if what you have to do other than the pre-trip inspection to pass this PIA...
  8. Prawn Star

ICBC class 7 road test

Can you re-send DM. I opened it but can't find it again. thanks
  9. Prawn Star

ICBC class 7 road test

I am looking for info on what the road test for the class 7 (towing trailer over 4600 kg) consists of. I have the book which describes the pre trip inspection but it doesn't actually talk about a "road test".
  10. Prawn Star

I need an opinion

I am selling my travel trailer, it had some serious water damage and it was repaired proffessionaly to the tune of 11K. I have the work orders that show what was done to fix it. Should I disclose this to potential buyers? I wonder if the fact that it had leaked would spook anyone.
  11. Prawn Star

A big Thank You to Tuff Trailers and Bill Howich Chrysler marine

I deal with them with them for all my boating and RV repairs. Dave, Corey and Barb are great people to deal with.
  12. Prawn Star

2023 Campbell River Reports

Especially for the ones with six kids in their boat. Going solo isn't worth it anymore.
  13. Prawn Star

2023 Campbell River Reports

I was out all day Saturday with the same results. So much for having a fresh spring for dinner till July.
  14. Prawn Star

FishAssassin needs a Big Shout Out Right Now.

FA I hope you and Laura recover from this ordeal. No one seems to understand the psychological damage these little pricks can do to someone. Yes you recover from bumps and bruises but the brain does not let you forget the trauma. Perhaps a pit bull leashed to the front porch would be a good...
  15. Prawn Star

Early Halibut Opening

CRGreg what are your thoughts on this?
  16. Prawn Star

What's For Breakfast This Morning :)

I make a "prawnlette" the same way.
  17. Prawn Star

What's For Breakfast This Morning :)

Beef brisket breakfast burritos. Homemade brisket, hash browns, sauteed onions, jalapeno and red peppers, scrambled eggs, wrapped in your favourite tortillas.
  18. Prawn Star

Popup sale on Lowrance HDS9 Carbon at HC

I highly recommend HC if you are going to buy one. Denise the electronics guru there knows it all about Lowrance stuff.The sonar on my 3 year old Ti2 quit working. I took it to HC and Denise did the troubleshooting and found the software had deleted itself. She re-installed it with her magic...
Back