Search results

1. tyeeking

Don’t have a cow, man.

Holy Cow!
  2. tyeeking

Why are young Sturgeon disappearing in the Fraser?

That makes me physically ill. Absolutely disgusting.
  3. tyeeking

Marine Fire Extinguisher Choices

I keep 2 5-pounders in my 22’ Weldcraft. What ever size you go with get two and put them at different ends of the boat. I have one at the helm and one at the transom. Having them at different locations means that one is always close at hand (a timely response is everything in a fire) plus it...
  4. tyeeking

Jerk at the launch - what do you do?

While I get the temptation to say something and in the same situation I would be having the exact same temptation, it’s their life and apparently that’s how they choose to live it. I guarantee that you didn’t “fix” their relationship.
  5. tyeeking

gold river boat launch

As others have said you will be fine especially on that size boat. My biggest issue has been that the steepness makes it harder for me to get the boat back on the trailer straight and level. I absolutely hate being “that guy” driving down the road with the boat not sitting pretty on the trailer...
  6. tyeeking

Super stern heavy Hewescraft, .... and rides terrible !

A good prop shop well let you try out different props.
  7. tyeeking

Super stern heavy Hewescraft, .... and rides terrible !

Have you tried a four blade prop? Four blades typically provide more lift and as previously noted proposing can be from not having enough lift.
  8. tyeeking

Rough Start to The Year...

If you add the Roadrunner to tell the whole story you will need a coyote under an anvil. LOL. Seriously, love the Roadrunner idea.
  9. tyeeking

Those chinese knock off boats

And don't ever feed pet food made in China to your pets! Some horrible stuff in much of it.
  10. tyeeking

Those chinese knock off boats

You don't always get what you pay for but your virtually never get what you don't pay for.
  11. tyeeking

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

I wouldn't get too excited about the pre-sale numbers. It only takes a $100 fully refundable deposit to order one. Not exactly a strong commitment. Just saying.
  12. tyeeking

Towing a fishing boat behind cruiser....

First off, you're going to have a blast. It's been a dream of mine to do something similar. I hope that you will give us regular reports on your adventure. I saw a couple doing something similar at Roche Harbor and they had a pretty clever setup. When in open water with modest current/wind...
  13. tyeeking

Gas prices up again

Heating oil season. Diesel and heating oil are produced at the same place in the cracking tower. In the winter with demand for heating oil going up and demand for diesel remaining static there is an net increase in demand for the distillate derived from that part of the cracking tower.
  14. tyeeking

How much of your money has Justin spent?

Someone please tell me that the video is photo shopped.
  15. tyeeking

Gas prices up again

Gas prices are a lightening rod. I remember my Dad complaining about 29 cents a gallon. We even got S&H Green Stamps with our purchase. Geez I'm old. LOL.
  16. tyeeking

Pretty hard to have a meaningful and productive conversation when the ad hominem comments like "climate denier" and "white nationalist" make an appearance. So sad.
  17. tyeeking

Scratching my head wondering what the hell an individual's opinions around anthropogenic climate change has to do with this conversation. LOL.
  18. tyeeking

Giving lots of money to politicians is like giving whiskey and the car keys to a teenager.
  19. tyeeking

I belly laugh when folks with fishing boats and requisite tow vehicles ***** about the evils of "big oil and gas".
  20. tyeeking

Wellcraft 220 Ocean King

Absolutely love my 22' Weldcraft Maverick. Have had zero issues. It's built like a tank. Even the welds that are hidden from view are beautifully done. The hull extension provides great buoyancy in a following sea and really helps to keep the cockpit dry.
Back