Search results

1. B

ACR & Bilge Pumps

So I'm planning to put an ACR in my boat, it has a group 24 starting battery and group 27 house battery, my plan is to run a couple downriggers plus the usual house loads (stereo, lights etc) off the house battery. I have 2 bilge pumps, one is switched and the other is auto (float activated)...
  2. B

Voltage Sensing Relay

How many of you folks are using this type of relay to control charging on a dual battery setup? I was chatting with my boat mechanic and he swears by them as a good way to ensure that both batteries are fully charged. In my current setup I run both batteries off the main engine while under...
  3. B

Kicker charging kit

I've got an older (~1996) Merc 9.9 2 stroke kicker and I love it. The one problem is that it runs about 10X as much as the main engine and I'm concerned about drawing down the batteries while trolling. I understand there are charging kits available for these engines but has anyone ever...
  4. B

Feeding Raw water washdown pump

I'm plumbing in a raw water pump, the boat is equipped with a 4.3 and Alpha 1 Gen 2 leg. I am not comfortable with cutting in a thru-hull fitting below the waterline in the transom (a similar hole caused me a new transom a few years back). Is it OK to feed the pump by cutting a fitting into...
  5. B

WTB - Mercruiser Alignment tool

Looking for the alignment bar for my Alpha 1 Gen 2 drive. Not in any rush just can't justify what Merc wants for it. Let me know what you got. Zeke
  6. B

Back model years Merc/Yami

I'm considering a possible engine replacement on my Campion and a conversion from an I/O to an outboard. I have been keeping an eye on several back model year engines available at some of the BassPro locations in Canada and in the States and some of this stuff looks interesting. There are...
  7. B

Demand for Campion Fishing Machine

I need to get some opinions on the market for my current boat. It's a 1991 Campion 215 Fishing Machine with a 4.3 4bbl on an Alpha 1 leg. The leg and engine are new (both professionally rebuilt with about 12 hrs on them), new full length stringers and transom (done professionally by a local...
  8. B

Guidance on Stingers

How many of you folks run stinger hooks on anchovy teasers and cut plug? If so what hook sizes are you running? I've got a few teaser heads set up with a 5/0 circle hook up front and a 3/0 VMC treble as a stinger (about 5" behind) not sure why but it looks odd to me. Overall length is about...
  9. B

Merc Driveline/Alpha 1 leg

This might directly fit a fishing thread but I found a weird issue with my boat. It's a 21' Campion with a merc 4.3 on an Alpha 1 leg. Whenever I take off when trimmed up (more than halfway up the trim gauge) the boat takes forever to get out of the hole and tends to have a hard time getting...
  10. B

Converting I/O to Outboard

I'm looking into converting my Campion 215 Fishing Machine from an I/O to an outboard. The existing engine has very few hours on it (about 120, the boat was repowered a few years ago) and the Alpha 1 leg is new (replaced by insurance last year). In looking around on the internet, I have...
Back