Search results

1. B

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Sorry guys but I gotta call out bad behaviour. Why would anyone would bother posting results or findings on this board when they open themselves up to this type of potshot (there were several others in a similar vein); this needlessly derogatory. I can't imagine what the benefit of this type...
  2. B

Panel wiring re-do advice sought.

Ummm, you might want to investigate the cause of the blown bilge pump fuses, I've never had one go unless the pump is cooked or there is something stuck in it. Last year I changed all my bilge pumps over to self resetting breakers, if some debris gets caught in the pump, the breaker can trip...
  3. B

calling all Campion 622 Sedan owners

It's worth considering but in my case there is very little on my boat that is factory (hence it's name, Defishinsea) the steering wheel is all IIRC. Engine has 40 hrs, entire leg has 70, new transom, stringers, all electronics & gauges, seating & upholstery, rewired entirely, stripes & gelcoat...
  4. B

calling all Campion 622 Sedan owners

I have what I think is essentially the same hull (215 Fishing Machine). It started life with a 3.0 but now sports a much heavier 4.3. While the boat has had trim tabs since I bought it, I have never noticed a bias to porposing and both batteries are in the back and the fuel tank is in the...
  5. B

pod design

Lotsa boat there Somebody thought you can push that behemoth with a 150? I think 200 is light, 250 sounds about right. That old V8 probably pushed it well and I'd guess it gave in the range of 250hp. You will get lighter by ditching the engine & leg but once you subtract the new engine...
  6. B

ACR & Bilge Pumps

That picture is pretty much exactly what I was expecting...the bilge is fed from the starting battery (input lug on the #1 terminal of the 5511e). I'm going to guess a separate ground bus isn't necessary as long as there is a wire run between the 2 neg terminals (guessing 4ga or heavier). Yes...
  7. B

ACR & Bilge Pumps

That picture is pretty much exactly what I was expecting...the bilge is fed from the starting battery (input lug on the #1 terminal of the 5511e). I'm going to guess a separate ground bus isn't necessary as long as there is a wire run between the 2 neg terminals (guessing 4ga or heavier). Yes...
  8. B

ACR & Bilge Pumps

So I generally understand the post above and I wil plan to set mine up the same way. When you mention that the bilge is stil powered when the switch is "off"...how is this pump fed? I'm guessing direct wired from upstream of the switch (ie fed direct from the battery), otherwise how would the...
  9. B

ACR & Bilge Pumps

The ACR kit I bought comes with a newer version of the 3 way battery disconnect (1, 2, both & off). It is more of a disconnect for both batteries simultaneously with a seperate position to combine both batteries in emergencies. I like the idea of a resetting breaker rather than a fuse...I'll...
  10. B

ACR & Bilge Pumps

So I'm planning to put an ACR in my boat, it has a group 24 starting battery and group 27 house battery, my plan is to run a couple downriggers plus the usual house loads (stereo, lights etc) off the house battery. I have 2 bilge pumps, one is switched and the other is auto (float activated)...
  11. B

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Booked Moutcha for the first week of Aug...already starting to warm the blood. Missed out in it last year (tied up in Rupert & Ukee) so this one will mean even more. Will start vibrating by early July...can't wait.
  12. B

Voltage Sensing Relay

How many of you folks are using this type of relay to control charging on a dual battery setup? I was chatting with my boat mechanic and he swears by them as a good way to ensure that both batteries are fully charged. In my current setup I run both batteries off the main engine while under...
  13. B

Prince Rupert Area Fishing Charters

If an outfit called Northern Bounty is on your list I'd suggest you keep shopping. Although we were promised the owner as a guide, we got shuffled off to a fella that spent a lot of time napping or in the cuddy with powdering his nose and another fella that has severe anger management issues (I...
  14. B

Kicker charging kit

I've got an older (~1996) Merc 9.9 2 stroke kicker and I love it. The one problem is that it runs about 10X as much as the main engine and I'm concerned about drawing down the batteries while trolling. I understand there are charging kits available for these engines but has anyone ever...
  15. B

28ft North River By Auction

Yes but...it's not hard to buy stuff at an auction, getting a good deal is tougher. All you need is to have you and one other guy that really wants it and paying retail (or above) is possible. This looks like a good deal at 42k but it's a short step up to the mid 60s and a not so good deal. I...
  16. B

Prince Rupert, Land of fishing Guides with Problems

I did that once...gave $50 for 3 terrible days and told his boss that I'll give him another $300 if he came by and we talked about his attitude...surprisingly he didn't come by. I hire a guide to work with me for the fish...it's not his fault if they don't bite but he needs to actually try. I...
  17. B

Prince Rupert, Land of fishing Guides with Problems

I guess a guide that promises fish when you book puts the pressure on himself, guests who have been told how great the guides are when they book have a right to expect some effort...it sounds like Drewski didn't find that. Fact is, if other boats are getting fish and the guide isn't able to put...
  18. B

Feeding Raw water washdown pump

I'm plumbing in a raw water pump, the boat is equipped with a 4.3 and Alpha 1 Gen 2 leg. I am not comfortable with cutting in a thru-hull fitting below the waterline in the transom (a similar hole caused me a new transom a few years back). Is it OK to feed the pump by cutting a fitting into...
  19. B

WTB - Mercruiser Alignment tool

Looking for the alignment bar for my Alpha 1 Gen 2 drive. Not in any rush just can't justify what Merc wants for it. Let me know what you got. Zeke
  20. B

Need help making a decision- nootka or Hardy mid August?

I'd do Nootka any day. Trailering to a place like Moutcha Bay is easy (about 40 mins from Gold) and the facilities are amazing. It is a bit of a run to get to the fishing as compared to Critter Cove but IMO well worth it. The restaurant is good, they often have live music...it's always nice...
Back