Search results

1. F

Now the Gold is gone...

The gold still gets good salmon returns. Sockeye, springs, coho and chum. If you walk the river in the summer and fall you will see them in most pools. Much more impressive than other wild rivers on the island. Habitat, at least in the open section seems excellent to me. There are other...
  2. F

Fishing from a small zodiac?

Was wondering about access into duncan bay. Will have a look next time im down there. Thank you!
  3. F

Ok thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it. Its rooftop. Was going to ask about rock bay. I visit mcreight lake often
  4. F

Thanks all! Will definitely take your advice Sharphooks. Is rupert inlet worth fishing right now? Looked small boat friendly.
  5. F

I'm in Sayward for a month or so and am looking to get out. I have a 10.5 zodiac with an 8 hp 2 stroke. Looked a bit intimidating with the currents and wind at kelsey bay and port h' kusam. Maybe Campbell River is a better option? Thank you for any replies.
  6. F

Cowichan River

not worth going above stoltz at all in my opinion
  7. F

Cowichan River

Saw a couple of young fellas running a small jet up from skutz as we were putting in. About ten years ago.
  8. F

Cowichan River

not likely
  9. F

river fishing this weekend

You could try horseshoe bend area on the Cowichan. Between Marie Canyon and Skutz falls. Easy access and spin fishing is allowed.
  10. F

Cowichan River

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/jondowson7/041.jpg
  11. F

Shore fishing in Revelstoke area?

Drive up Revelstoke lake road and fish the creek mouths.
  12. F

Cowichan

Fish dont bite as well after a pool has been fished through with bait
  13. F

Cowichan

The spring pool is getting poached daily...
  14. F

Nanaimo River

Anyone fish the river this time of year? I went out the other day and found a couple trout but it took some effort to locate them. A few dyeing coho on the banks. Some excellent fly water, too bad there isnt much of a steelhead run. I've heard when they do come in they shoot straight up past...
  15. F

Lens Creek

I've never fished it but used to drive by it to and from work. Its likely secretly good or not good at all IMO. I meant to fish it but always ended up on the upper cowichan.
  16. F

Cowichan River Counter

Yikes. Thank you.
  17. F

Cowichan River Counter

Does anyone know how many coho returned to the cowichan last year?
  18. F

nanaimo river

I've never fished the river before and plan on it in the next couple days. How's the access from cedar road upstream to the highway and is it worth fishing? The reason I ask is because I can't find any info on it. Thank you very much in advance!
Back