Search results

1. S

Campbell River Pinks

I know it's still early, but does anyone know if the pinks have started to move in yet?
  2. S

Cowichan

LOL...........I wouldn't too much about him, he's not much of a threat to the fish. He's only got about 4 pics of steelhead from the Cowichan this year, the rest are brown trout and a few small resident rainbows. He likes to take a lot of pics of a single fish from different angles and "recycle"...
  3. S

Cowichan

Of course they do................this issue is a political minefield for any government, so they aren't going to move without the Cowichan FN taking the lead. That IS where any solution will have to come from. This is not a case of a native band blatantly raping and pillaging an at risk species...
  4. S

Stamp/Cowichan Steelhead

Information is limited right now.............RCH is closed to the public with a full quarantine in effect. Early reports, very early, are a problem originating with the Steelhead, as if they needed any more trouble, and a possibility of having to wipe out ALL fish, salmon & steelhead, if they...
  5. S

Saltwater tackle shops around seattle

X3, A MUST stop for any angler... :)
  6. S

any beach fishing for cohos near Comox yet?

Looked from Columbia Beach to Union Bay this morning.......not a single fish to be seen. Should be soon. :)
  7. S

Fishing the Stamp in November

You are in prime time fall steelhead season. The fish are gorging on single eggs from all the spawning salmon and are very willing biters. There are coho around, but most of them will be colored up by then. Still, good fighters on spinners and plugs. You should have a great trip......good luck!!
  8. S

UPS sucks

Never ever ever have anything shipped from the US with ANY courier. Always ask the seller if they will ship via USPS. If they won't, here is a possible solution for you..............http://myshiphappens.com/locations.html. Very simple to open an account........just send them an e-mail and they...
  9. S

Idle No More/Theresa Spence

Must be damn good fish broth..........:rolleyes:
  10. S

Good rod/reel combo for steelhead?

You might want to give these guys a look........http://www.talon-graphite.com/Rod%20section/factoryrods.htm The one you want to look at is the ML 11'2. Not sure if it is listed on the website, but it is readily available. Just ordered 4 more for myself and the some of the crew. Catalog number...
  11. S

Thompson open

Driving home from hunting in Williams Lake/Quesnel this morning and the river was absolutely packed with guys. Vehicles at every pull out, guys in every pool. Water looked really low.......not a lot of places for the fish to hide.
  12. S

Such a waste

SH, I hear your frustration. It's not the first time I've encountered this type of thing in this area. I've reported it ( to DFO ) before and gotten the same old responses........"We'll check into it", "Thank You for bringing this to our attention", etc, etc, etc. I don't blame the field...
  13. S

Such a waste

Well lookie, if it ain't, well, .............nobody
  14. S

Such a waste

Was taking a stroll along the Nanaimo River estuary this morning watching the chum come in on the high tide when I came across this unfortunate sight at the end of Raines Rd. At first, I thought it was just the carcasses of filleted chums until I saw all the fillets thrown in as well. There were...
  15. S

Fluorocarbon

Palomar, same as with braid. Just make sure you wet it when pulling it tight.
  16. S

Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

2012 PRE-SEASON EXPECTATIONS: Sockeye: For 2012, the forecast return of Somass sockeye was 700,000 (range 500,000 to 1,000,000). Note that the forecast has been updated on July 5, July 19, and July 26 based on in-season observations. Expected stock composition is about 47% Great Central and 53%...
  17. S

Berkley Big Game for Main Line

Big Game is all I have used for years. I find it doesn't have as much stretch or memory as Maxima.
  18. S

Nootka Sound - Spring and Summer 2012

French Creek always has shaved ice......$10-15 a cooler full, depending on size.
  19. S

Some Steelhead pics

Guess it's been a pretty good 10 days... ;) Hope I didn't get any of these mixed up. Just too many pics sometimes!! :)
  20. S

Some Steelhead pics

And a couple more....
Back