Search results

1. dfrase

TR3 Islander - Brand new - For sale *Update SOLD*

Brand new with line, never been used. Won in derby. it is the red/clear pattern in the below link. https://pacificnetandtwine.com/products/12282008-ms DM me your offer. located in Victoria *Sold
  2. dfrase

For sale - Sage Rod 3106B Brand new

Beautiful rod. Brand new, never been used. Won in derby and has been stored indoors. Model is Sage 3106B 10’ 5” Colour is dark blue with gold features Best rod you can buy for salmon fishing locally :) Price is $600. Located in Victoria
  3. dfrase

Lancetfish?

A buddy has a video of one of these washed up in Esquimalt Lagoon.... it was in the shallows and he revived it and it swam off. Pretty impressive fish and i have never seen one. Thought it was a barracuda at first. Anyone have any experience seeing these in our local waters? Sounds like they...
  4. dfrase

Compression test needed - help

thanks guys!! turns out the buyer was engine savvy and had the compression tester. we figured it out and readings were great, all within 5% of each other. sold :) appreciate the help, dfrase
  5. dfrase

geez what an idiot!! yes, i am in victoria in Oak Bay :)
  6. dfrase

Hey Guys, Selling my boat and seller has requested a compression test on the Yammi 4 stroke 115. shops are booking way out. Any advice on a local mechanic who would be able to do this in the near future? i am willing to pay more to get it done right away. thx, dfrase
  7. dfrase

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Nice!! I will be up there next week and again in August to fish Hornby. Just had a slow trip in Nootka so hoping the inside is red hot!
  8. dfrase

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just got back from Nootka for our annual guys trip. Fished out of Moutcha Bay with three boats. Fishing was very slow which was a bummer for the derby but still managed to scrape up some fish. Bigger boats had some success at Beano when able to get outside but as said above, a quick first bite...
  9. dfrase

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Hi Guys, Heading up to Nootka this weekend from Sat-Mon. Will be fishing out of Moutcha I have only ever fished on the outside earlier in the year. Any tips on current inside fishing please PM me. From reading it seems chovies, green spoons and white hootchies are working? Cheers, Dfrase
  10. dfrase

2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Dropped lines off hornby for the first time this summer. Had one rigger down before the line popped. Thought it was a tangle because the fishing line was wrapped around the rigger. Quickly realized there was a fish on and i ended up pulling the line up with my hands to avoid making the tangle...
  11. dfrase

2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Going to be on hornby for ten days with the boat. Looking forward to getting out and providing some reports. Hopefully still some fish around...
  12. dfrase

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Got out for a few hours tonight and kept the streak going. Went out further on the flats past Brodie rock. Fished the contour and hooked up a screamer in 160 ft. Eventually got it up beside the boat and it spat the hook back me. Looked to be 20lbs at least. I had just stopped yelling expletives...
  13. dfrase

Well I guess all I had to do was complain on the Internet. Just booked a nice 10lb spring on the flats :) see if I can get another...
  14. dfrase

nice work!! on the flats? I have been out twice around brotchie and it has been slow for me :(
  15. dfrase

We spent most of the day on the beach and swimming at the spit. Did a troll for an hour at powder wharf before heading back. First time fishing there. Pulled a couple of small lings but no silver. I did see a heck of a lot of action on the sounder. Gonna go back tomorrow and try a longer shift...
  16. dfrase

Not really sure, never fished up there. Was going to cruise and see where others are fishing. I am guessing there will be boats out on a Saturday...
  17. dfrase

The gap was the only place I was seeing fish on the sounder. Nothing in the boat though Going to try Sidney tomorrow....
  18. dfrase

Out on the flats last night for a few hours and nothing. Saw some fish inside brotchie. Current out on the flats and it is beautiful. Hopefully will update with some fish
  19. dfrase

Fished the flats on Sunday and Tuesday. Trolled every lure in the box and jigged for a bit and didn't see a single fish. Hopefully picks up here soon! Going to try again tomorrow
Back