Search results

1. R

irec reporting survey

just finished reporting my fishing activity with the IREC site, for some reason of all of the fish listed Salmon was not on the list. has anybody else noticed that on the site.
  2. R

be careful when renewing your boat licence

As most of you know our pleasure boat licence has to be renewed every ten years, I just started the process on line and did not carefully check the website I was on, in the final stages of filling out forms the method of payment came up requesting $69.00. I decided to get off the page and go...
  3. R

rusted bolts

Just doing some maintenance on my Bayliner with a merc 5.7. I had to remove a couple of things and looking at the bolts it was a question do I just go out and buy some new ones or reuse them. In a discussion with my son a few days ago the question of ultrasonic cleaners came up, I decided to go...
  4. R

converting drum brakes to discs

I have had enough of drum brakes on my trailer so just asking what brands of disc brakes conversion kits has any one found to be of decent quality
  5. R

found at French Creek beside the Lasqueti ferry

Without saying what I found if you were working by the Lasqueti Ferry about 4 days ago and left a piece of equipment on the dock pm me and I will arrange to meet to get it back to you,
  6. R

late night commercial fishing off of the little q

The past several nights there have been 2 commercial fishing boats working the mouth of the Little Qualicum river, they start about 8 pm and continue through until 1 am, they are running around in smaller boats as we can hear the outboards running. Anybody have an idea what they are fishing...
  7. R

freshwater fishing license

I have been trying to get a freshwater license on line when I press the request to purchase tab I am getting a page of nonsense on the freshwater fisheries site. Anybody else having this problem
  8. R

Braided line breaking

Anybody experiencing your braided line breaking just at your down rigger boom , lost three balls over the past two weeks , every break off was right at the surface . I am going to check the roller on the boom looking for nicks or cracks
  9. R

spare tire for boat trailer

I have a spare tire for a roadrunner trailer, ST208/R75 14, trailer has been sold $50.00 for the tire
  10. R

interesting question

ok, when fishing in an area where you can keep hatchery or wild coho and you retain say 2 wild cohos and then you decide to run offshore where you can keep only hatchery fish and are trying for springs what is your perception of the regs if you then were stopped by DFO. I have never seen any...
  11. R

neighbour has given up fishing

My neighbor has decided to give up his boat and quit fishing. He has a some items that he would like to sell, nets, 2 electric down riggers, 2 manual down riggers some stainless crab traps.PM me if you are interest. Thinking the manual down riggers would be 75 each and the electrics 150 each.
  12. R

spider lake

I have spent the last couple of evenings fishing spider lake, one night had 2 fish on, long line release on the first one and then lost the 2nd fish right at my feet. Fish are feeding right on the surface but are being very selective.
  13. R

spider lake

I have spent the last couple of evenings fishing spider lake, one night had 2 fish on, long line release on the first one and then lost the 2nd fish right at my feet. Fish are feeding right on the surface but are being very selective.
  14. R

anybody with a bayliner 2350with bravo 3 leg

trying to track anyone out there with a bayliner 2350 with the bravo 3 leg and duo prop, 5.7 litre merc, just converting and wanted an idea of prop pitch and diameter. I have been on the merc site and have a good idea but somebody with this combo might have some suggestions
  15. R

french creek ramp

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting frustrated with the problem of people cutting behind your boat as you are backing up to launch your boat at french creek. Lets face it as you back up you are watching your boat and trailer to make sure it is lining up on the ramp, the last...
  16. R

storing sprinkler head for wash down

I have installed a washdown pump on my boat and am looking for a small aftermarket hatch that I can mount in the sidewall, have been looking at transom shower head hatches to modify, just wondering if any one has another idea. I need to have the shower head concealed.
  17. R

boat licence

Just in the process of buying a used boat, In 1990 I bought a 14 foot princecraft and duly licensed it with TC, in 1997 I bought a 21 foot campion and licensed as well so now to make this clear I have 2 boats . I have just bought another boat 24 feet and the campion is toast. In going through...
  18. R

spider lake algae bloom

Went out to fish Spider Lake last evening, biggest algae bloom I have ever seen on it, did get one fish about 15 inches. Has anyone seen it this bad in recent years?
  19. R

comercial chum opening for the qualicums

Interesting that the dfo have opened a chum fishery for area 14, and believe me they are out there in front of the house, meanwhile you cannot keep a chum in the Little Q due to low numbers. Really makes you wonder
  20. R

Battery selector switch

Just wondering if anyone has any problems with the battery selector switch on their boats,ie engine starting problems or voltage indications. I have been having all sorts of electrical problems New batteries new alternator starter all connections are good.
Back