Search results

1. R

irec reporting survey

ok, my fault, in the prelim of questions there is a line that says did you fish for salmon, I missed that question .
  2. R

irec reporting survey

your right there normally is but this time nothing about salmon, I have sent an email to the department that handles the survey waiting for a response.
  3. R

irec reporting survey

just finished reporting my fishing activity with the IREC site, for some reason of all of the fish listed Salmon was not on the list. has anybody else noticed that on the site.
  4. R

Cell phone coverage in Quatsino Sound?

That's about right, we find that to get cell service moving into the sound is best, even inside around Kains is generally good, I would not plan on cell coverage seaward from the lighthouse cell strength weakens dramatically.
  5. R

be careful when renewing your boat licence

As a, follow up I received my new licence from Transport Canada yesterday, no charge good, for 10 years.
  6. R

I was referring to the boat licence (the numbers on your hull )not the operators licence
  7. R

As most of you know our pleasure boat licence has to be renewed every ten years, I just started the process on line and did not carefully check the website I was on, in the final stages of filling out forms the method of payment came up requesting $69.00. I decided to get off the page and go...
  8. R

Tell Your Best Joke

old cowboy walks into the saloon, sign over the bar says anyone who can make the horse laugh free drinks, cowboy goes out to the horse whispers in its ear and the horse starts laughing hysterically free drinks, couple weeks later he walks into the bar and sign says anybody who can make this...
  9. R

2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

out yesterday at 600 am until 300 pm, fished the humps, one hatch coho on a white hootchie several wild cohos and about 6 pinks all released, moved up to the little Q and round 11am, a couple of wild coho and about another 8 pinks, Interesting the pinks at the humps were darker in colour but the...
  10. R

Yes got into a number of springs on the first day out, couple of undersize on the next day.
  11. R

fished the last couple of days, good coho action between 90 and 180 feet, also started getting pinks yesterday. First one on a Gibbs wee g, so after we got our hatchery coho we started targeting pinks red hootchie 90 feet ended up with 4.
  12. R

gold river boat launch

Just got back, they charged us 115.00 for launch and 5 days
  13. R

Island Fires

I have been advocating for the past several years that a fleet of 40 or so Canadair 215/515 is what is required. the Mars bombers were good in their day but the canadair aircraft are reasonably quick and nimble.Using helicopters with buckets once a fire gets going is like urinating on a...
  14. R

Winter Harbour Pacific Cod

are you getting pacific cod or Alaska black cod. Up there 2 years ago one of the boats running quite far off shore was coming in with Alaska Black cod. lots of them
  15. R

9.9 Yamaha HT won’t idle low

my 9.9 goes through the same song and dance every year, ran it dry with premium fuel with stabilizer in the fuel at the end of the season and still the same issue.You are going to have to pull the carb and clean it.the idle jet is so small that just a tiny bit of anything will clog it.
  16. R

rusted bolts

Just doing some maintenance on my Bayliner with a merc 5.7. I had to remove a couple of things and looking at the bolts it was a question do I just go out and buy some new ones or reuse them. In a discussion with my son a few days ago the question of ultrasonic cleaners came up, I decided to go...
  17. R

Winter Harbour - Where to launch?

The road to Port Alice is paved, few good hills and does twist and turn so you are not going to be fast, but I figure the time to get to Port Alice vs driving to Coal Harbour about the same. At least In Port Alice you can launch tie the boat up and park the boat by yourself if necessary,Coal...
  18. R

Winter Harbour - Where to launch?

Coyote Spooner, with a 30 foot boat you would be wiser to use Port Alice, Coal Harbour does not let you easily launch and tie up, also the ramp was designed for amphibious aircraft so it has a very shallow slope. I have a 25 foot boat , it is really a 2 man launching and retrieval operation.
  19. R

2022 Brown’s Bay Reports

SpringFever552, how is your Dad doing? love the fishing reports but also want to support everyone that has an issue. Our thoughts are with you
  20. R

Trailer brake repair

I have just replaces my old drums with discs, then discovered one leaf spring broken so I have now replaced the springs, on doing that I have 2 inner seals that appear to have overheated and shredded, took the trailer to French Creek unloaded and then back home with the boat on the trailer ant...
Back