Search results

1. C

Navionics chart chips

I bought a new Navionics Plus chip, called Alaska/Canada, marine and lake charts. I was hoping for the Fish'n Chips sonar details but no avail. What Navionics chip has these detailed contours? Apparently Trotac has no other. Anyone knows what chip I need to look for?
  2. C

Burrard Inlet Restoration Project

Some good news for a change.
  3. C

F115 Issues

Hi all; I thought I'd throw this out here to see if someone has experienced the same and found a fix. It's to do with my 2003 F115 Yamaha. It recently started some electrical gremlins - when running fast it has occasional cut-outs. For a split second the motor cuts out to return to full and...
  4. C

Anyone got a 5-6hp 4stroke for sale

Looking for a decent short-shaft outboard in the 5-6hp range. Needs to be less than 60 lbs in weight. $1000 is my budget. If you have one or come across one for sale, please let me know. Thanks, Chris
  5. C

Rare Herring Spawn off Victoria

Just received word that there was a herring spawn off the Fisgard lighthouse. That is fantastic. If they would only come back to the Gorge and Portage Inlet again. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10160066670709306&set=pcb.10160066673399306
  6. C

Electric outboards

Anyone thought of trying one of the Torqeedo outboards or similar yet? They come up to 80hp now and have in the standard kicker range plenty options. I recall Andrew P. 's Minnkota kicker rig and that got me thinking. Such a Torqeedo kicker would be more like what we are all used to in terms of...
  7. C

Original Arima Seat

Good condition, cushions flawless, easily bolts to the square type swivel base. $200 obo
  8. C

Hali Tides 2020

I just found some time to mark up the Murray's Current Table for good Jdf hali tides. Wow, the fall months have fantastic tides pretty much every month! Oct-Dec there are barely 7 days each month when you CANNOT anchor and hali fish somewhere around Victoria. I don't think I have seen such a...
  9. C

Lowrance Elite 5 Sonar GPS Combo

Works great, comes with screen bracket, transducer and an older Navionics chart card. $300
  10. C

Lake Vacation Rental Summer 2020

Hi all; does someone know of a nice vacation rental on a quiet lake on Vancouver Island for 2 families? Something for a bit canoing, fishing, hiking, surrounded by wilderness? Or even a bit off the island - just not as far as Kamloops or Kootenays. Thanks! Chris
  11. C

WTB #7 Fly Combo

Anyone have a decent but reasonable used fly set for sale? Son wants to try the art and put it on his Santa wish list. But I don't want to shell out a fortune in case he doesn't catch on. I am thinking a #7 or maybe #6, decent reel (right cranking as he is a lefty) with matching WF-F line, 9-10'...
  12. C

Scotty 1106 issue?

I have recently upgraded to the 60" boom and noticed today that when using the port rigger not extended the cable is rubbing against the boom - actually against the plastic fitting that arrests the telescope section. Anyone found a cure for this? I imagine that people using braid would be...
  13. C

Accommodation at Kitimat River

Hi all, can anyone recommend a nice place to stay for a 6 men group wanting to fish the Kitimat River? We would prefer a place right adjacent to the river but that is not a must. For that matter, it doesn't even have to be the Kitimat, we would be considering any other river with similar...
  14. C

9 stainless steel panels for sale

55x45cm each, 9 pieces, came off some laboratory shelfing. Could be used for many things. $50 Pictures are front and backside
  15. C

Boat trailer shop in Victoria

Can anyone recommend a good shop that does trailer work such as bearings, bunk-roller conversions, springs, welding and brakes? Thanks.
  16. C

Lowrance File Transfer

Hi all, I sold my HDS 1st Gen unit and bought an HDS 2nd Gen. Before the old went I downloaded files I thought were my waypoints and trails and saved them on a memory card. I ended up with 3 USR and 1 GPX file on the card. I believe I saved them in every format it offered me as I didn't know...
  17. C

SS Yamaha Prop 13.25 x 19

Excellent condition. Came off a F115 Yamaha. $250, in Victoria.
  18. C

Lowrance Ethernet

I recently bought a new HDS8, 2nd gen non-touch and a HDS7, 2nd gen, touch. I use the HDS8 mostly for GPS mapping and the HDS7 for sonar but I interconnected both head units by ethernet cable so I could display vice versa. Unfortunately I could not get both units to talk to each other. Could...
  19. C

Wanted: Lowrance HDS Combo

If someone wants to sell his/her HDS unit please let me know as I am looking for one. Consider any size and generation but needs to be GPS and Sonar.
  20. C

Red Hot - Customized 17.5 Campion for Sale

Here is a great opportunity for someone to take over a great, unique and very versatile fishing boat. This boat is exceptionally clean and babied and everything is functional. I have owned it for more than 10 years and rebuilt and customized it for myself and for salmon and halibut fishing on...
Back