Search results

1. T

2024 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

When do we get to keep a fish in Texada area? Thanks
  2. T

CPAWS

Any links to other parties advocating continued access for sport fishers or just hoping?
  3. T

Aquaculture; improving????

So close and yet so far away.
  4. T

Herring Fishery

Do we have updated spawning biomass numbers yet for 2024? Thanks
  5. T

Chinook salmon biomass consumed by the marine mammal predators was estimated to have increased steadily over the entire study period from 6,100 to 15,200 metric tons (Fig. 3a,b). The estimated increase in predation was directly related to increasing predator abundance used in our model. Killer...
  6. T

Still doesn't get rid of the deadly Lice. https://aquabyte.ai/farmers-can-reduce-the-number-of-delousing-treatments/ Better way to count lice I guess.
  7. T

Concerns about herring kills at B.C. fish farms

Pretty much what I expected. Top Secret. Not by hereditary chiefs.
  8. T

Concerns about herring kills at B.C. fish farms

Any links to the "strong FN support from hereditary chiefs"and what agreements are in place?
  9. T

Herring stocks rebounding

Totally agree. We have put our down time in but starting to look like other forces at play. Good spring returns last year but no discussion on easing any Fraser restrictions.
  10. T

But I thought I read the stocks were up significantly this last year.
  11. T

Already happened South Georgia Straight. Can't keep a Chinook until Sept 1 when most have gone up the river. Now we are just waiting for stocks to improve so restriction can be removed.
  12. T

Window replacements in older house.

What Window Company?
  13. T

Catch Up, new to me 20 ft Double Eagle

Is the thru hull plastic too? It should be bronze.
  14. T

Your favorite Spoons

Nice welded rings.
  15. T

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

$30 bucks what was it before that? Assume your talking truck and trailer.
  16. T

The Provincial Government is proposing to give First Nations a VETO for all activities on Crown Land.

Under this scheme why would anyone ever think they would find a need to listen to the concerns or thoughts of the rest of us?
  17. T

B.C. boat moratorium

That’s why all out of province watercraft needs to be banned. As stated earlier 125 million per year and impossible to eradicate once they get in.
  18. T

Looking for a new vehicle??

What size engine is it?
  19. T

Projects examine how rec fishery is affecting salmon.

From the OP “What is the policy, or procedure, that allows that to happen? Catching and release in ocean fisheries is not benign, there’s a mortality to it,” asked Jim Lane, acting program manager for Uu-a-thluk, to DFO staff during a Council of Ha’wiih meeting back in July. “We’re talking about...
Back