Search results

1. island idiots

Das Boat

The guy in the white shirt lol Renowned all over the South Island it is none other than the Skipper of the Fah Cups!
  2. island idiots

Das Boat

So we had the maiden voyage after almost 20 years. Das Boat worked great. Now to break in the motors and finish the rest while I use it. Really impressed with performance. Handling and trim worked great. So good to finally have it in the water.
  3. island idiots

Dumped boat

The serial number is on the starboard stern. On the bumper strip.
  4. island idiots

Dumped boat

I could use the top for my restoration project! Too bad I am in the Kootenays, lol.
  5. island idiots

Island Outfitters Fire Sale

Aww now I have to change my handle. I hope the new store enhances access to good gear at reasonable prices.
  6. island idiots

Installing Seastar bulkhead hose.

Thanks Captain! Now to find a supplier! Cheers, J
  7. island idiots

Installing Seastar bulkhead hose.

I am rigging up my outboard on a pod for the first time and have Seastar helm and outboard motor cylinder mounted. Is the Seastar Bulkhead hose the way to go if I am going thru the transom? Some rigging uses fixed bulkhead fittings with separate hoses from the transom to the outboard. Just...
  8. island idiots

Gluing Starboard to transom

Would acetone work instead of white gas?
  9. island idiots

All Things COVID-19

The effort to keep us at home is about acceptable losses. Hospitals that are not overwhelmed at any given time. It won't be long before changes take place in my opinion. 1) People will resist the isolate order more and more after weeks of isolation and uncertainty. Wage loss, personal...
  10. island idiots

Canadian Tire Tswassan

Don't be a covidiot and make your family sick.
  11. island idiots

Radon Gas

You can find a test kit online or maybe crd. Just place it in the basement as per instructions and then send it to the lab for results. Don't panic, it takes time. Radon is not good for you but excessive levels take a long time to make you sick. I had a system installed with a level display for...
  12. island idiots

Growing bacon...

Feed em lots of veggies and goodies. For protein you can feed them fish, but stop before you butcher for a period of time and finish them with apples, good apples. They like rooting around too, so if you can move them from plot to plot as they clean them up, they love fresh over grown areas.
  13. island idiots

Emergency SOS device

InReach or go home. If you can.!
  14. island idiots

Das Boat

This 21' K & C project has been ongoing for more than a decade. Started in Langford for use in Sooke etc. and is now in the WK and will be launched at Arrow lake next year. Always on ongoing project, I doubt it will ever be completely done, but it keeps me going, and I look forward to trolling...
  15. island idiots

Upset about the Chinook Closures? What to do next?

Why would fisherman who care about conservation, endure closures while "others" fish endangered fish stocks, not ensure that those vessels fishing those endangered stocks never leave the dock?
  16. island idiots

What was your highlight of the year?

For me, it was simple. Coming back to Sooke to fish a few days with my best pal. On our old stomping grounds, Fah Cups and I had a great time. Just 2 buds out getting it done. Awesome!!
  17. island idiots

Victoria Fishing Store

Trotac. Helpful folks, good prices, no attitude.
  18. island idiots

2018 Sooke Reports

Saxe Point I agree with you. However, Wolf's point is more about civil disobedience. DFO thru inconsistent application of its own laws has created a situation where they lack credibility, faith, and the confidence of the citizens. A clear path to managing to zero is presented daily. Hatred...
  19. island idiots

Impeller Change Frequency?

You can actually purchase rubber grease.
Back