Search results

1. T

Trophy Livewell Pump Location

I have a 1991 Bayliner Trophy 2002FF (Outboard). I just replaced my Fishwell pump and thought I'd replace my Livewell pump as it is not working. Does anyone know the location of the pump? I don't seem to see it in the splash well deck plate. Is it under the bait tank itself, accessible by...
  2. T

Mercury 9.9 kicker, tried to start in gear, now flywheel not being engaged

Bonehead move. I have a 1998 Mercury 9.9HP 4 stroke kicker, tiller model, manual start. Ran perfect day before. Tried to pull start the motor, but of course it wouldn't pull because it was in gear. Now the cord just pulls out and retracts never engaging the flywheel. Take off the cowling, and...
  3. T

Boat Insurance

I got mine at Coastal Community Credit Union and they do offer month to month payments. They have 16 insurance branches on the island, but I just called their call centre and did everything over the phone. Couldn't have been more convenient. I'll post the number if anyone is interested.
  4. T

Boat Insurance

I have mine insured for $30K, it was $450 a year. In addition to the regular coverage: I am covered for up to $10,000 for personal effects. Reimbursement of Emergency Expenses up to $5000. Loss of Use: If the Insured Vessel is damaged by an insured peril while you are on holiday, we will pay for...
  5. T

Boat Insurance

Called Coastal Community Credit Union today to renew my boat insurance. They offer a unique policy through Pacific Marine. She said they will be at the Nanaimo boat show this Saturday and can quote and issue policies on the spot. Because my boat is valued under $35K, no survey or pictures were...
  6. T

Looking for a dog

We bought our second golden retriever from Carol at Pacific Gold 8 months ago and would definitely recommend.
  7. T

2 Stroke Oil for Sale

Sorry local pickup only. Size and weight would make shipping cost-prohibitive.
  8. T

2 Stroke Oil for Sale

Quicksilver 2 stroke Premium Outboard Oil Three 4L containers, new, unopened, sealed. $60 Nanoose Bay
  9. T

Marine Insurance Query

I just got my marine policy renewed through Coastal Community Insurance. They have an exclusive program through Pacific Marine which includes: $10,000 Personal Effects at replacement cost $5000 Towing $5000 Search & Rescue $2500 Loss of Use It covers boats up to 35 feet and 235HP and is based on...
  10. T

21' Trophy fish holds

Marty, do you have a link to the pump that you installed? Can you provide details of the install please, pics?
  11. T

is this boat a good deal? 1991 Trophy 2052

I have the same boat exactly. Looks like a 2002FF, you can tell by the HIN #. It is rated for a max HP of 175. It is slightly underpowered, but no biggie. I have a 150HP which is fine. If the engine checks out, it's a good deal. The first thing you'll want to to do is change out the scuppers to...
  12. T

Anyone Here Play An Instrument?.....

My wife plays the mouth organ on me, every leap year.
  13. T

Trailer tires wanted

I just picked up a couple trailer tires from Cedar. How old do you think brand new tires should be? According to the DOT code, these are already 18 months old. I know tires can sit in a warehouse, but what age would be acceptable?
  14. T

Trailer rebuild

Trailerpartsdepot's shipping prices to Canada also look good. How did you make out once they arrived with respect to duty, taxes, and brokerage fees from them?
  15. T

Flushing 2010 Suzuki 9.9... WTF?

Do you have a link or item number for that from Canadian Tire? I have looked at the boating dept a hundred times and have never seen that. I definitely want one.
  16. T

improving kicker steering

Man, I wish I could install the Seastar kicker cable tie bar system, but the requirements say you need 14 inches clearance from the tilt tube to side of splash well and I don't have it on my Trophy.
  17. T

Rust stains on deck

Agree with FD. Barkeeper's Friend is amazing. Comes in powder (like Comet) or Soft Scrub (like VIM). I prefer the latter. Instructions say to rinse off after first minute as it can leave a film in my experience if you leave it too long. $2.99 at Canadian Tire. I use it on everything.
  18. T

New Anyone Tried The New MR2LA Islander Reel

Will be interested to know if these new reels suffer from the same line creep that the MR3's do.
  19. T

VHF operators license

No kidding, it's an invaluable course. I was out on Saturday, and it's amazing all the stuff you hear. Asking for radio checks on channel 16 and the coast guard constantly reminding people to use channel 83A. Not waiting 2 mins before hailing another party when they don't receive a reply. Asking...
  20. T

48 foot Tollycraft runs aground at Ballenas

Did you guys hear the distress call on Saturday around lunch time when a 48 foot Tollycraft, 5 persons onboard, ran aground between the gap at low tide at Ballenas? I heard the passengers were fine, just wondered what happened to the boat once the tide rose and floated her. Took a crappy...
Back