Search results

1. B

Dried beef

Started with 4 eye of round roasts. Total of around 13lbs. 12 day dry cure of TQ and brown sugar. Then 18 hours in the smoker starting at 140 degrees. 2 day rest in fridge after smoking before slicing Looks like I'm going have to start another batch. This batch ain't going make it to the holidays
  2. B

Finally...A use for some old fishing gear

Got a Apple tree the Steller Jays where dining on the fruit. I tryed waiting them out with a 20 gauge to no avail. I found some old Dodgers in the shop that I don't use....quessing flashers would work but I don't own any. I be damned....it worked. Ain't seen a bird in there for the...
  3. B

Guestion on # of hooks

Fishing on outside of Vancouver Island. Been reading through the regs and it states only 1 hook per line except 2 hooks may be used if using them to hold on bait.....cut plug I would assume. My question, is running bait in a teaser with 2 hooks not allowed ? Thanks
  4. B

BC Outdoors Magazines

I found these in the recycle bin the other day. The other half found them....god only knows where ? Most of them from the 90's Free to any one that's wants them PM me if interested Bill
  5. B

Seafood Bisque Southern style

Got this recipe from a friend in North Carolina Let me tell ya'll...it is to die for These words are from my buddy in NC.... (I'll narrate as required "lol") I always make a big pot as an appetizer at Thanksgiving.... ( I make a pot on Christmas Day....nothing like the taste of...
  6. B

There go's our winter chinook fishery

Hi all, Thought a few of you North of the border might be interested in this article in the Seattle Times. Looks like our winter chinook fishery on this side of the border is doomed. Once the Dept of Fisheries and the enviromentalist agree on something we are screwed again even though our...
Back