Search results

1. B

Dried beef

Thanks guys I got turned on to dried beef 50 some years ago. My grand parents would always bring some back from North Dakota. I can remember my grandmother serving one thin slice of dried beef on plain ole white bread and butter, the flavor of that beef has been etched in my mind ever since...
  2. B

Dried beef

Started with 4 eye of round roasts. Total of around 13lbs. 12 day dry cure of TQ and brown sugar. Then 18 hours in the smoker starting at 140 degrees. 2 day rest in fridge after smoking before slicing Looks like I'm going have to start another batch. This batch ain't going make it to the holidays
  3. B

What's for dinner tonight ?

Reply to Paul Burak I order it online from here http://atkinsonmilling.com/Seafood_Breaders/ I mix their regular Seafood breader with their Cajun in a 1 to 1 ratio. If you like more kick go straight Cajun breader. A word of caution on the Cajun. When you open the bag make sure your nostrils...
  4. B

Thanks ya'll on for the kind words on the brisket. south of the border here we all get kinda bored We all don't get a lot of fishing time sooooo...... we fill in our extra time with whatever it takes to keep our mind off fishing.
  5. B

Last night fried Salmon and Russets Salmon coated with a Cajun breader. Fried in 350 degree oil for a minute and a half. Russet taters coated in a Southern Chicken breader and fried in oil for 15 minutes Whipped up a batch of eazy squeezy tarter sauce to go along with the Salmon Saturday...
  6. B

PORK butts on sale at Thriftys...

This is a great recipe for injecting butts for pulled pork Myron Mixon sweet pork butt injection • 1 quart apple juice • 1 cup distilled white vinegar • 1.25 pounds sugar • 1/2 cup salt • 1/4 cup monosodium glutamate, such as Ac´cent brand flavor enhancer Mix it all up in a pot, bring to a...
  7. B

Watch out...

If it's the same boat I remember seeing the forsale ad on here. If memory serves me the ad stated the boat could be seen at a yard in Blaine Wa. Seeings how I live about 15 miles from Blaine I thought what the heck might just as well go give it a look. After a couple hours after first seeing...
  8. B

Ain't got a lot of Salmon in the freezer this year...fishing down my way is either no fish or closed. Anyways been smoking up some grub other then Salmon Last Sunday was St Louis ribs Threw them in smoker around 11am, where done just in time for the start of the Seahawks game at 5:30...
  9. B

While I hate to admit it but...it was all done in a pellet smoker.:rolleyes: I own a number of stick burners and they have treated me well over the years but the older I get the lazier I get. Too be honest I considered myself the last person that would purchase a pellet smoker...I always thought...
  10. B

Thanks Sculpin :) My job was easy.... I smoked up the brisket, chicken and Mac n Cheeze Every thing else was done by my better half of 34 years ...including the cleanup :D Bill
  11. B

Had A Hallowen party last weekend . Smoked up a 15lb packer, some yard bird and a batch of "adult" mac "n" chezze
  12. B

Finally...A use for some old fishing gear

Got a Apple tree the Steller Jays where dining on the fruit. I tryed waiting them out with a 20 gauge to no avail. I found some old Dodgers in the shop that I don't use....quessing flashers would work but I don't own any. I be damned....it worked. Ain't seen a bird in there for the...
  13. B

Not tonight but Last Saturday nights dinner 36 racks of oink bones and 7 prime ribs
  14. B

Our other hobbies...

Besides fishing and maintaining a 37 year old boat I got a couple of other old clunkers to maintain I got a thing for old crap according to my "wife" of 34 years
  15. B

Guestion on # of hooks

Fishing on outside of Vancouver Island. Been reading through the regs and it states only 1 hook per line except 2 hooks may be used if using them to hold on bait.....cut plug I would assume. My question, is running bait in a teaser with 2 hooks not allowed ? Thanks
  16. B

Big Tofino news

I first started staying at the Weigh West in the late 80s . Continued to stay there through out the 90s. They really catered towards the fishermen back then. Free shaved ice for your coolers. They let us store our frozen herring in their freezer. We strictly mooched back then and between our two...
  17. B

Area 25 Chinook Management Measures

Hey all Asking for a friend heading up to Esperanza on Saturday. Is Pin Rock out of the closed area ? Thanks guys
  18. B

Issues with Yamaha 9.9 losing fuel pressure

Its not uncommon to have fuel dripping off the bottom of a carb and collecting in the lower cowling especially if the motor is tilted up or if the primer bulb was squeezed a few too many times.
  19. B

Issues with Yamaha 9.9 losing fuel pressure

I fought this same issue on my boat with 3 different Yamy kickers for years. Someone told me to remove the anti siphon valve from the outlet of the gas tank. I was told that the kicker didn't create enough pressure on the ball in the anti siphon valve to open it. I removed the valve 2...
Back