Search results

1. S

Haida gwaii trip

Hey guys/gals Just booked a trip to the island end of July/early August. I have been doing lots of research and already found some spots that look pretty cool. Just wanted to ask anyone here if they have any pointers, we are there 8 full days but dont want to miss anything amazing. 8 days is...
  2. S

Herold provincial park (shuswap)

Appreciate the tips. Gonna pick up some bucktails before I head out.
  3. S

Herold provincial park (shuswap)

Hey guys, I'm looking at booking a site mid June. I have never fished this area and have always wanted to hit the shuswap. I'm bringing my 16ft aluminum and was curious about what people do out there with their boats overnight. I've tried calling and searching online and came up empty. A couple...
  4. S

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Over at pt Atkinson, chickened out in my 16.5 ft'r this morning. How is the wind over there? It's decent here. 1 decent spring so far
  5. S

Grounding aluminum boat

Well I just spoke to the rep at blue sea and he said the outboards (main & kicker) are sufficient for grounding as long as they have good anodes. Thanks for any replies.
  6. S

Grounding aluminum boat

Sorry also forgot I just noticed a hairline crack in my key, anybody know a good place to get a replacement
  7. S

Grounding aluminum boat

Hey guys, I searched through old posts and I think I am ok but just to be safe I thought I would ask. I just rewired my boat and added a negative bus bar. The schematic says to run a ground wire from it. My boat is aluminum and I am running the blue sea system. I thought that since both of my...
  8. S

Malibu 182

They sound pretty awesome. Thanks for the replies Any idea on total length from trailer ball to motor. The guy I'm taking to is guessing 23ft.
  9. S

Malibu 182

Hey guys, Just set up a viewing for a 2006 Malibu 182, it has a 150 Yamaha. I do not have a ton of knowledge on them but from the brief search I have done they sound pretty good. It looks perfect for my needs. Does anybody have any opinions or info on these?
  10. S

Inherited rods

Wow that's really cool
  11. S

Inherited rods

Thanks and I think so too, I will definitely use a few of them, the rest I'll hold on to and put in the collection.
  12. S

Inherited rods

Hey guys, I came across a couple old rods and just curious about them, one looks to be a steelhead rod (Algonquin Blanchard 545) and the other I cannot make out it says blank "make" and under says Canada. It's a flyrod and I'm guessing maybe a rich make. The one other flyrod looks alot cheaper...
  13. S

Let’s See Your ( Mans ) Best Friend.

This is kilo, he's an old southern American bulldog. By far the best dog I have ever had. His bloodline is from the southern states which use them for feral pigs hunting or so I was told. Amazing with kids, obedient, protective, smart and tough as nails. He's 8 now and at 125 lbs he is getting...
  14. S

Buying in Port Alberni

Hi guys, Covid messed up my previous plans of buying a 2nd house, but now we have everything lined up and are ready to go. I was leaning pretty heavy towards Chilliwack but I have been getting advised to look on Vancouver Island. I eventually wish to retire there but not necessarily this house...
  15. S

Carburetor leaking

I posted in a previous thread about looking for a replacement 50hp. The issue that pushed that was when I primed my outboard fuel was leaking out from behind the carburetor and the ball was not getting hard. On my previous trip the motor ran awesome at both idle and open throttle. Well after...
  16. S

Looking for 50hp

I I should have specified I am on the mainland. Just spoke to a Honda rep, not sure on those motors
  17. S

Looking for 50hp

I have a tohatsu kicker which has been good, the main is a merc but I would look at any of the big names.
  18. S

Looking for 50hp

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my motor on my 16fter, it seems like this is the worst time to buy. Called some places and turn around is too long as I got a trip to Bamfield mid Aug. Any leads on a 50 new/used please let me know. On a side note.I am at hathaway lake right now and my motor did...
  19. S

Video Recording-Fraser River Native Fishery 2020

I will gladly donate both my time and $$$$$. PM me when either are needed. Thanks for taking this on, it's been long overdue.
Back