Search results

1. J

Salmon derbies flounder under stricter Chinook regulations

Larry Pynn is well know for exactly this he has long earned a reputation for twisting around what people have to say . He does not write for the Vancouver sun he is a freelance writer. "Little Weasel" is the perfect description of Larry Pynn. He will ask questions and suck people in and then...
  2. J

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished last night off of the light ship for 3 hours. It was a little lumpy. Didn't see any jumpers managed to boat 3 socks released a wild coho and 1 undersized spring
  3. J

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Thank you to Big Dogg and Randy on the guide contacts. Cheers Jimmy
  4. J

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

I have a good friend who is heading up to Nanoose bay with his family around the 3rd week of August. He is a keen fisherman and was asking me if I knew of any guides in the area. I am not familiar with who the top guides are in the area are any of you able to pass on any contacts. It would be...
  5. J

Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

Well done.... I don't have any patience for those that rape nature like that. Good work I hope they get what they deserve.
  6. J

Rally Against DFO In Planning For July Long Weekend

That is a great idea... I will be away fishing as well. once the details are sorted let us know I am happy to spread the word. The new rules don't help the whales.
  7. J

Scotty Dual Rod Holders Wanted

They are in Point Roberts in marina on my boat. Do you ever get down to the Point? I can try and grab them this weekend. Are you heading over for the Galiano Derby?
  8. J

2016 Gulf Islands Reports

Did any of you guys hit the water a on the weekend. I am heading out friday and saturday for an over night trip to the gulf islands. I am eager to hear a report. Thank you in advance!
  9. J

Scotty Dual Rod Holders Wanted

I have two of those bases. We could probably sort something out with a trade for cold ones.
  10. J

To pod or not to pod

I have watched several project boats being done on this forum. They have got me thinking if I ever found an older boat that was worth re-powering it might be worth re-powering and possibly with a pod and an outboard or two. I looked into it an asked a local marine refit yard. I was looking at a...
  11. J

Restaurants in Bamfield

Yes I would cal ahead to mackay Bay they can be very accommodating and might do lunch as well as dinner. Its a nice spot as well.
  12. J

Are there any moochers left? Really.

When I started out salmon fishing we used to power mooch active pass. I have often thought of trying it again it was a relaxing way to fish. Alway something happening in those tide rips. nothing like setting the hook on a good size spring when power mooching.
  13. J

2015 Gulf Islands Reports

I am planning on getting out on Saturday. Has anybody been out lately? Thank you in advance for any info.
  14. J

2002 campion explorer 552 for sale

Tidal Shot were is the boat located? and do you have anymore pictures of it cockpit cabin etc? Thank you, Jimmy
  15. J

Podded 20ft Double Eagle

Same here…. I should have checked the date.
  16. J

Fully Restored 1968 Bertram Moppie/Diesel

I have received some interest on the boat from this sight. So I wanted to keep it current and post it is now sold. Cheers, Jimmy
  17. J

Podded 20ft Double Eagle

Is the double eagle still for sale?
  18. J

26 Tolly Craft

I am looking at buying a 26ft 1973 Tolly Craft for cruising(family of 4) around the gulf islands and fishing the gulf island and 1 trip a year to the west coast. The boat is in excellent condition with the engine and transmission rebuilt 5 years ago with 400hours on them since the rebuild. It...
  19. J

Fully Restored 1968 Bertram Moppie/Diesel

It is the time of year somebody might be interested in her. I am willing to listen to offers.
  20. J

Sturgeon

Ok thank you for the advice on catching chub……;) I mostly fish in around Ladner so it sounds like chub are not going to be a bait of choice in my neck of the woods.
Back