Search results

1. L

Spin Fishing set-up for sale.

For sale, Daiwa Stinger, 9 ft. heavy action rod c/w Daiwa, AG7000, salt water reel, and 25lb. Big Game line plus a box of 23 buz-bomb bodies and misc. jigging lures. Ideal for casting to a surface feeding frenzy and jigging to the boat. Price, $100,00 OBO In Parksville. c-l-hall@shaw.ca
  2. L

Accident off Kyuquot

According to the CBC on Google News, two are dead, with one rescued and one missing after a boat capsized off Kyuquot. Does anyone have the skinney on what happened? Sounds like a very bad scene. Lure-washer
  3. L

Complete Fishing Package for Sale

Retiring from Fishing after many years! 1997, 1901 "Viking by Mirage", 18ft 9in, 96 inch beam 1997, 125HP Mercury 2 cycle, Low Hours 1998, 9.9HP Mercury 4 cycle kicker Canvas top and windows, 3 years old Lounge seat recovered in 2014 2011 Road Runner trailer, cw custom guide rails...
  4. L

Fishing the Little Q

When folks are fishing in the Little Qualicum River, what do they use, and how do they go about it? Also where do they access the river? Lure-washer
  5. L

Small Mustang Float Coat

For Sale, Small Mustang Cruiser Class Float Coat. Gold in color, like new. Includes a pair of fingerless gloves. Selling for $75.00 Lure-washer Now selling for $50.00 Lure-washer
  6. L

Buying Licenses

Yesterday I was in the process of buying a new License from our friends at DFO online and after giving them my CC data and pressing print, all I got was a screen saying that they were unable to proceed due to some unforseen problem. When I tried to go back to the previous screem, it was gone...
  7. L

Trolling Motors that are Missing

I went down to the boat, which is trailered and parked under a security light, in our condo complex RV area, the other day and found that the trolling motor was missing. It was bolted through the hull, and had a custom, stainless steel cover over the handles of the motor attaching bolts, with a...
  8. L

Canned Salmon Issues

I have been canning Salmon in cans for years, and occasionally some of the canned salmon is quite strong in taste compared to the rest from the same batch. There are several salmon in each batch, as I can approximately 60 cans at a time All of the salmon are handled the same. They are cleaned...
  9. L

Establishing boat value

What is the best way to establish the value of a boat and equipment for resale? Lure-washer
  10. L

Downrigger Cable Voltage

What can be expected for cable volvage without black-box correction? I discovered a loose connection from my Black-box, and without correction, the cable voltage was in the range af 1200 millivolts Is this reasonable? I was expecting somethiung under 1 volt. Lure-washer
  11. L

Free Printer Ink

I have replaced my Dell 948 Printer due to some printing problems, and had just replaced the Black and Color cartridges with new ones. I have removed the "like new" ones from the printer,and I also I have an unopened Black cartridge. These are Series 11 Dell cartridges. If anyone wants them PM...
  12. L

Winter Springs in the French Creek/Nanaimo Area

Does any one have any updates on the winter fishing in this general area? Lure-washer
  13. L

Qualicum Rivers Chinooks

Has anyone been fishing the Qualicum Rivers Mouths for Chinooks? They should be heating-up anytime now if not already started. Lure-Washer
  14. L

Sportfishing Halibut Allotment

Can anyone tell me where we are as far as the Halibut allotment for sporties. Last year it was over somewhere around now. Lure-Washer
  15. L

Moorage, Trailer Storage and Launch for sale

I have Moorage, 23ft max length Slip A29, Trailer Storage and Launch at Island West Resort, Ucluelet, for August 5, 6 and 7, which I can not use due to health issues. The total cost of paid is $134.50, including tax. Would you believe, that there is NO cancellation of same due to their...
  16. L

Soft Fleshed Salmon

Recently, I thawed several frozen salmon, which we have caught this spring, for canning. During the process I noticed that two of the five fish, had very soft flesh, with the remainder being firm as normal. I have noticed this in the past, but not to the same degree of softness of these two...
  17. L

Free Stuff

Giving away! Two collapsable prawn traps and bait cups. Landing net Zippered and windowed canvas door for 8ft width, 6ft height opening. All of the above are used of course but the price is right. I am in Parksville.
  18. L

Trolling for Halibut

What is the best choice of terminal set up for trolling for halibut? Lures and flashers or what?
  19. L

Salmon return projections for 2012

Are there any projections on the 2012 salmon returns, for both ECVI and WCVI,from the so-called experts yet. Lure-washer
Back