Search results

1. getbent

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

Yeah fusarium and pythium love old soil
  2. getbent

That looks almost like damping off. Are you using bottom heat?
  3. getbent

What's for dinner tonight ?

Haha clowns are funny.
  4. getbent

I hear you. I went to culinary school and cooked for years in various kitchens and that was like absolute taboo…it works quite well on my Kamado I have to say.
  5. getbent

Ever try the reverse sear method? Actually works quite well on thick ribeyes as it helps render the fat a bit more than a direct sear and cook.
  6. getbent

I will run probably 4-5 san Marzanos. One Black Krim, one Oaxacan Jewel, one Zapotec Pleated. I sell seedlings. Plant about 120 tomatoes for sale. Pays for my soil and fertilizer. Depending on how the crop goes I will also sell ripe san Marzanos
  7. getbent

I have a few more tomatoes to sow during the week, but got a jump with the san Marzanos. Threw them in with the shishitos and paprik peppers.
  8. getbent

Are the McKenzie pucks the same as the Jiffy 7’s do you know?
  9. getbent

That sounds like damping off…watering is crucial in the first stages
  10. getbent

Cuts of meat on sale

Isn’t that called a wing steak?
  11. getbent

Tri-tip is such an under-utilized cut. Excellent choice for marinating
  12. getbent

Looks deadly big square!!!
  13. getbent

They are awesome fresh.
  14. getbent

Candied Tuna

BTS is a great place to score bellies before they hit the drink….eh Deryk!!! Harper and I had some candied and peppered up from St. Jeans. Basically cost you your left nut but goddam it was good.
  15. getbent

Cuts of meat on sale

The lack of diversity in our supply chain further erodes the selection of good meat. Lack of growers with heritage pork and beef is slowly going the way of the dodo. The craftsmen butcher and sausage makers are following There is a small resurgence of farmers and the skilled trades creating...
  16. getbent

Cuts of meat on sale

Finding a hanging meat butcher is getting harder and harder for sure, especially one with decent recipes in his back pocket. Most get primals now. My son has worked in the biz for about 7 years while going to school and the first guy he worked for brought in sides. Now he works at one of those...
  17. getbent

Cuts of meat on sale

That sucks. Good butchers are a dying breed.
  18. getbent

Cuts of meat on sale

Find an independent butcher. JC
Back