Search results

1. Fish Nutz

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Was in nootka from thurs until Sunday. It was what I expected for late July. It was hit and miss and when you found them and you fished early, late and the tides you did well. I fished alone released over a dozen and kept my 4. As usual early was best and it tended to slow down later in the...
  2. Fish Nutz

how are VI rivers doing in your experience/opinion??

"Forestry being responsible" is a pretty general term. Like I said before I only speak for the way we manage the forests in crown land. Sure everything would be better if nobody logged anything and we left all the pretty trees for everyone to enjoy, but that's not reality. Are there things...
  3. Fish Nutz

how are VI rivers doing in your experience/opinion??

In response to the "Loggers going full retard" comment I would like to see where these rivers are that have been logged right up to. Plain and simple this shouldn't happen by law and if it is you should be reporting it to the local compliance and enforcement officers rather than spouting off...
  4. Fish Nutz

Looking for used Lowrance HDS 5 or similar for 400-500$.

Check HC I bought a HSD5 Gen 2 about a month ago for 449 I think. Had to spring for the P66 ducer tho but you could buy a cheaper option and stay around your price.
  5. Fish Nutz

Time for a New Reel

Unless they have changed up the springs they use make sure you buy an MR3 or similar drag spring for the Trophy. It makes them way less touchy so hopefully you can avoid a rats nest or 2 when its on free spool, otherwise a great reel for the money. Cheers
  6. Fish Nutz

Lowrance HDS 5X Gen 2 Opinions

From what I understand not having used it yet is that it will work at 50/200. Lowrance makes a 50/200 unit that works with it so I see no reason why the airmar should be any different.
  7. Fish Nutz

Thanks for the input. I ended up getting a hds 5 with the p66 transducer. I was told by HC that the p66 is almost the same as the lowrance unit but it's 600 instead of 500 watts and it has the paddle wheel.
  8. Fish Nutz

Potentially looking at this unit for this upcoming season. It's a small boat and my eyes are good so the screen size isn't an issue and I will be using my iPad for charts so all I want is a good depth sounder. I have an elite 5x right now and it has been good but i'd like something with a little...
  9. Fish Nutz

Aluminum mooching reels...if not Islander?

I have an MR3 and a Trophy Tyee QR. I changed out the spring on the Trophy with an MR3 spring to deal with the touchy drag problem I had and now it's fricken awesome! No line creep and it seems to catch more fish than the Islander. Of course I love the MR3 but I only paid 350 bucks for it used...
  10. Fish Nutz

Nootka Sound 2014 Fishing Reports

Returned last night and concur with all those before me. I personally had decent luck picking up my fish but I know for some it was a tough go. Sunday it seemed like it turned on in a few places and we started to mark allot more fish. The best is yet to come!!!
  11. Fish Nutz

Returned last night and concur with all those before me. I personally had decent luck picking up my fish but I know for some it was a tough go. Sunday it seemed like it turned on in a few places and we started to mark allot more fish. The best is yet to come!!!
  12. Fish Nutz

Headed out in a few hours. This same weekend last year was kind of the beginning for me on the inside. Fished all of the Saturday without a bite then it turned on for good on Sunday! Hopefully this rings true this year. Will report back on Monday. Cheers
  13. Fish Nutz

Headed out in a few hours. This same weekend last year was kind of the beginning for me on the inside. Fished all of the Saturday without a bite then it turned on for good on Sunday! Hopefully this rings true this year. Will report back on Monday. Cheers
  14. Fish Nutz

I'll be there this weekend then from the 31st to the 10th. I'll be camped at Cougar fishin outta a Yellow Double eagle.
  15. Fish Nutz

I'll be there this weekend then from the 31st to the 10th. I'll be camped at Cougar fishin outta a Yellow Double eagle.
  16. Fish Nutz

Good to hear there are fish being picked up inside. Has anyone fished further inside than the wall/camel with any good results? Past few years for me ive found that even well into the second week of august my favorite spots further inside weren't producing. Cheers
  17. Fish Nutz

Good to hear there are fish being picked up inside. Has anyone fished further inside than the wall/camel with any good results? Past few years for me ive found that even well into the second week of august my favorite spots further inside weren't producing. Cheers
  18. Fish Nutz

Winter Harbour Report

Picked up a nice 9lber at the light on friday and a couple out at lippy today but they were too small to bother with. Also managed to get 7 nice ling yesterday 15-25 lbs. not bad I thought for my first time out there!
  19. Fish Nutz

Winter Harbour Report

Just got back from fishing for 2.5 days. Easily picked up our limits on springs between the light and lippy. Lippy was on fire for us yesterday morning with 8 springs boated in about an hour and a half. All at 100-115 feet, on either uv or army truck haze hoochies. Chocked full of needlefish and...
  20. Fish Nutz

FOJ please correct me if I'm wrong but I was unaware you were allowed to retain Sockeye in region 25/125. http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=153095&ID=all
Back