Search results

1. quicksilver11

Sockeye Dumping

Pretty sad how the Fraser sockeye fishery has been mismanaged and poached into such low numbers. 30 or so years ago we could commercial fish 3 out of the 4 yr cycle but due to what seems to be a blind eye can’t put a hook in the water now. Years ago there was stories of semi’s in Fraser canyon...
  2. quicksilver11

Etiquette question: how close is too close off someone's stern?

Kinda depends on depth fishing 50ft depth in close to 50+ boats, close seems to work for no grieve. Out jigging cod and a boat keeps coming up about 50-100ft away I say **** off and learn the area on your on! Which happened a few days ago
  3. quicksilver11

Help with sleeping on boat first time.

Just make sure you are allowing for any wind to come up (as much as possible) ie westerlies summer are most likely, as too where in an anchorage or behind island your planning to set the hook. Good amount of line out 4-1 at least, make sure anchor is set by backing up till it grabs. I think I...
  4. quicksilver11

What Wine Do You Like?

Rioja Marquesde Riscal Reserva Tin Carmenere Carmen Gran Petit Verdot Pirramimma Amarone Classico Masi Costasera Barolo Damicano Lecinquevigne Beajolais Villages Jadot Beringer Cab Sav Catena Cab Sav The Prisoner If You See Kay (yes say it out loud) Tom Gore Cab Sav Carmen Cab Sav
  5. quicksilver11

Shop lighting

I would look at the LED shop lighting at Costco, they look like the old fluorescent but you can plug them altogether and only have one power source (depending on size of shop) very bright and very reasonable price
  6. quicksilver11

Searchlight

Thx for the suggestions everyone
  7. quicksilver11

Searchlight

Thanks where you guys located so I can look up, was leaning towards go light
  8. quicksilver11

Searchlight

Seasport old one is mounted up top forward on wheelhouse, but it fell apart from old age.
  9. quicksilver11

Searchlight

Docking, anchoring entering anchorage or close to shore
  10. quicksilver11

Searchlight

Does anyone have a recommendation on a reasonably priced spot/searchlight. Remote , permanent mounted, LED or other. Thx
  11. quicksilver11

Seastar steering

Couple PM’s sent
  12. quicksilver11

Seastar steering

No autopilot installed, but I do have the old auto pilot pump still hooked into the system. Perhaps I should remove it from the system and see what it is like, was going to do this in the next week or so.
  13. quicksilver11

Seastar steering

Hoping someone with knowledge of Seastar steering system can point me in the right direction. I have dual helm on the boat and the helm on deck is easy to turn but the one in the cabin is very hard to turn so makes for a long day. Any help or ideas much appreciated.
  14. quicksilver11

Wanted charts

Need charts for BC waters for a Furuno 1850DF chart plotter/Sounder also wiring for the same.
  15. quicksilver11

2020 Nanaimo Reports

Been out twice in the last 9 days and has been quite good first trip 1 pink, 1 wild and a hatchery Coho also 3 spring 2 of which would have been keepers. On Saturday 3 spring to boat one about 10lb and couple moe good hits most at 160ft All on coyote spoon green and black spoons
  16. quicksilver11

2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Was out for 3ish days Thursday afternoon till Sunday at 11. Harbour Entrance was good the first afternoon 4 springs and 3 coho all in green/white spoon and anchovies Next morning went 0-4 so sucked and moved to Edward King nothing there. Went to Beale for afternoon and nailed nice springs...
  17. quicksilver11

2019 Nanaimo Reports

Yea dumb butt for keeping an undersized fish and should be fined But in the same sense them righteous pricks have turned a blind eye to the poaching on the Fraser for years and years
  18. quicksilver11

Stability test

It is quite easy to do your self if you just print out the papers and follow the steps. Did my 24 ft boat tied at the dock in fairly short order.
  19. quicksilver11

Wanted

Looking for parts for 1998 merc 9.9hp In particular the mounting bracket
  20. quicksilver11

Transom mount screws

Wondering if anyone has an older 9.9 merc for parts. Need the two transom mount securing bolts. Or does anyone know where to purchase at a reasonable price! In Nanaimo.
Back