Search results

1. staying alive

Honda kicker hard to start

I have a 2006 Honda 9.9 pull start, runs all day ,purrs like a kitten. However cold starting is a ***** 12 pulls or more sometimes , kills my arm on a 3 day trip. Primer bulb ,spark plugs are good Here’s my question my spark plugs are heat range 5 ,if I change them to a hotter plug (4) do you...
  2. staying alive

Compass repair

I have a Richie compass on my boat , the fluid appears to have leaked out , anyone know if someone repairs these in the lower mainland
  3. staying alive

Sea star kicker steering

I have seastar Steering on my main and thinking about the kicker add on. My question to the all knowing group is when you bring your kicker up when your running does the kicker keep turning with the main or is there a valve or something to disable it
  4. staying alive

Transducer got whacked again

tucked the boat away for the winter , when I was doing the gear oil I look up and see my transducer hanging , that’s about the 3rd one in 10 years , it’s getting old , must of hit a stick I guess here’s a crazy idea , I want to get a thru hull transducer and mount it to a bracket of some kind I...
  5. staying alive

Nootka

Somebody had posted somewhere on this site a blue coloured map of Nootka showing the fishing boundaries of outside and the inside and up Tahsis inlet. I’ve seen the same one posted at critter cove every year If anyone’s got that , or tell me where to find it ,that would be appreciated , I would...
  6. staying alive

Dry ice

Anybody know of a place to buy dry ice in the lower mainland, and has anybody got an opinion on using it ( what am I crazy , of course people on here have opinions , it’s the silent majority)
  7. staying alive

New boat shed

Built a couple of average sheds over the years ,now I built a real nice one, (to me anyway) That was a lot of fabrication , set up a jig on the drill press and made grandson drill a lot of holes
  8. staying alive

On-board battery charger

had a promariner prosport 12 battery charger for my boat , starter and house battery ,it’s lasted for about 4 years now no power coming out of unit ,figured it should last longer than that so I’m done with promariner Any recommendations for a new charger was thinking the Bluesea P12 Boat sits...
  9. staying alive

Marine mechanic in Kelowna

looking for a marine mechanic (merc) for my son in Kelowna , bought his first boat, now he get to see what it takes to keep a boat running ha-ha I use Haney Marine on the coast and am used to someone being honest with me Anyone have any recommendations Thanks Staying Alive
  10. staying alive

Fuel line size

having a problem finding out what size my 1994 Honda 9.9 fuel line should be . It likes to stall at low rpm after doing some google reading one guy says that with a 3/8 fuel line and a long draw the diaphragm type fuel pump has a hard time pulling the fuel especially at low Rpm , it’s heavier...
  11. staying alive

McDonald beach Boat launch

Anyone know if the lock on the gate, is it always just sitting there so I can let myself in at 5AM. Otherwise it's down to Vanier park, but then I have to drive home through rush hour in Vancouver
  12. staying alive

New peetz reels

Anyone tried the new peetz reels with the new and improved drag system. I use one of the old school ones and quite enjoy the challenge, but thinking of spoiling myself with a new toy. The Peetz just look cool.
  13. staying alive

Vainer park boat launch

can you get in and out at the new boat launch at low tide , haven't tried it yet , anybody have any info. Looks like it should be ok but would like to hear from someone who has been there.
  14. staying alive

Texting while boating

Had the family out last Saturday ,went around the backside of Bowen to get out of the wind ,dropped anchor for a couple of hours with 3 grand kids, daughter ,son-in law and my wife ,enjoyed the sun let the kids play with the spin casters it was all good. Was blasting over to the hump afterwards...
  15. staying alive

Nautilus battery charger

So I bought one of these Nautilus 3 bank battery chargers from crappy tire anyone have an opinion on these before I cut my upholstery and mount it permanent Good things: It's supposed to be smarter than me It's waterproof I just plug it in when I get home and forget it Bad things: When...
  16. staying alive

New motor for finished business

So the seasons done lets have a report on your new 250 Etec. Do you love it? Any regrets? Do you wish it was a merc opti instead. How much fuel do you burn in a day. Give us something to talk about S
  17. staying alive

Okanogan lake

What type of fishing can I do in kelowna taking my boat with downriggers on to play around with the grand kids for a few days Any tips appreciated
  18. staying alive

braid troubles

went for my yearly trip to Nootka was great as usual except for one thing , when I was packing my rods for the trip the spiderwire 80 lb (overkill I know) broke 3' from end thought I must on nicked it or something so peeled off a few feet and retied. 2nd day at dusk got a screamer on at Camel...
  19. staying alive

Steering knobs

My controls are close to steering wheel and you rap your hand and knuckles when docking I was thinking about putting on a steering knob anyone have am opinion on these things
  20. staying alive

Prawning near vancouver

Anyone out there want to tell a guy where to try prawning near Vancouver ,havent winterized the boat yet and want to give it a try Have 2 traps and 200' of leaded line (probably need 300) tried it once up indian arm with the wife and made a big production of it and pulled up 1 prawn so I...
Back