Search results

1. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

Looking at where we are now. Let capita Canada is way behind many countries in vaccination rates. That’s not being negative. It’s called facts. April beyond looks better but still looking to end of September / October before “herd immunity” is reached
  2. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

Just talked to two nurses I know in the fraser valley/vancouver area. They said lots of room and much, much less busy in both their hospitals than normal for this time of year. If this doesn't show you can't trust the news than I don't know what does. just watching global national they only...
  3. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

BC’s beds and ICU units are WELL below average capacity for same time of year as normal. Even Dix said that yesterday.
  4. SerengetiGuide

DFO 2020 Halibut Fishery Announcement & Regs

Totally. Why I like the Hybrid option of 1/1 any size or two under 112cm as gives everyone options...some people in BC travel a long ways to go fishing and with border closed it will be all Canadians fishing too Give our own the best options
  5. SerengetiGuide

been over this many times. Size restriction is not due to conservation. It’s due to public fishery only getting 15% of the pie.
  6. SerengetiGuide

Fair. But to think it’s going anywhere is naive ! Regardless of who uses it. Remember first year Or two it was like 0 almost still kept coming back
  7. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

It’s definitely not the nicest city haha but could be Winnipeg. Hahaha
  8. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

and the majority of people watch the mainstream news (and dont do their own research) who are purposely scaring the **** out of people, do not surprised by that. And we know trudeau governs by this type of stuff and not science / economic / social combined reasons
  9. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?playlistId=1.5211918 Now the bar is moved again and a vaccine won’t even stop covid apparently :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  10. SerengetiGuide

Always enjoy and really think you are a one of the good well thought takes on the forum WMY. With that being said, a Canadian only summer (which I think most of us can agree is about as likely as taxes) means we would still have LOTS of room left over regardless of that. Isn't the goal to make...
  11. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

It's insane, so sorry for your step sister. Hell, make it so you have to take 3 tests 3 days in a row or whatever. This is completely getting out of hand in terms of these idiotic measures (ps they were extended in BC)
  12. SerengetiGuide

Just going over the numbers for 2021. Although will make a new thread in Feb for that....but believe our # will be around 950,000 to 970,000lbs (talked to someone in the know and fairly sure our carry over provision will be approved as DFO backed it). 1/1 Any size = 940,000 lbs or so 1/2 both...
  13. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

Yes, but like Calgary is doing a negative test at airport then 2 day wait till results in isn't a bad idea and at least retirees could do that (corp groups wouldn't so places like Langara and WCFC would still be screwed) but I guarantee 100% liberals will never do that as the opposite of...
  14. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

With these new negative test requirements etc to fly back. I’m saying there’s less than a 5% chance border opens this summer. What doesn’t make sense to me is why have a 14 day quarantine period and negative test requirement. Makes zero sense and as per usual Trudeau is playing politics instead...
  15. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

Anyone ever wonder why they can do a study in a few weeks showing the new variant spreads quicker but they haven't done any studies recently on antibodies and how many people have actually had the virus? If someone knows of any recent studies with estimations please post. It is important as...
  16. SerengetiGuide

All Things COVID-19

couldn’t agree more.
  17. SerengetiGuide

Let's Hope

Worth it as La Niña is very good for salmon ocean survival if I understand. Only problem is fraser Upper Chinook are stream type So id assume less of an impact
  18. SerengetiGuide

Let's Hope

60 kt winds in port hardy again tonight. I’ve never seen wind/rain storm After storm like this before.
  19. SerengetiGuide

Let's Hope

Holy has this been a windy fall/winter! By far the windiest I've ever seen in my few years. Let's hope it is blowing itself out and it isn't a windy summer too! Never had to deal with power being out three times by new years due to wind alone (few times due to wet snow). Fingers crossed she...
Back