Search results

1. Little Hawk

Salmon Confidential

Hello This film is the behind the scenes on the greatest environmental scandal in British Columbia. Please watch and then make sure all your MLA hopefuls watch this as they will be holding this ball as the issue breaks the surface, finally after twenty years. SALMON CONFIDENTIAL...
  2. Little Hawk

Charlie Where are you?

Charlie, you out there? Over...
  3. Little Hawk

Salmon Confidential film by Alexandra Morton Now Online!

Note: This film has barely broke the surface and rest assured when it does, the industry (and our collusive government) will be in full 'damage-control' mode. We've witnessed this orchestrated response countless times before as the 'industry apologists' suddenly appear out of the woodwork at...
  4. Little Hawk

Alex: Dear Marine Harvest - Don't Do This!

March 5, 2013 Dear Marine Harvest I have been informed that a large percentage of juvenile Atlantic salmon in your Dalrymple Hatchery, Sayward BC, are infected with the piscine reovirus.I understand that you intend to move these fish into ocean pens in the very near future where the...
  5. Little Hawk

Question re:Binoculars

Leupold! Their warranty and customer service is second to none. You don't even have to be an original purchaser or have a receipt. Be it a rifle-scope or bino's, send it to them and presto, they fix it for you at no-charge along with a 'Thank-you' for owning a Leupold product. Their...
  6. Little Hawk

Salmon Confidential - Next showing on VI in Duncan March 06

Good to see you back on the Forum Dave! I hope this film goes nut'so on the mainstream as well as the internet. Both the Harper and Campbell/Clark governments will be 'rocked' when it does. Bravo - Alex, Twyla and crew!
  7. Little Hawk

New forum rules

Maybe when Lorne has 'done his time' he can come back here? (even punted politicians' get a chance to come back) He's a passionate outdoorsman who - like me - has let his mouth run on him now and then. Hope one day we can stand-together and have meaningful dialog here without chopping away at...
  8. Little Hawk

Victoria 2013 Reports

Awesome RD! Now that's a gig that little guy will recall fondly for the rest of his days. Well done! Note: when you save your pics to your computer, try opening them with Microsoft picture manager/viewer or whatever it's called and it'll give you the option to rotate them left or right. When...
  9. Little Hawk

summary of herring issue, by me, any comments? David Ellis

Hi Dave. Great piece you wrote there! Perhaps you outta' give Chris Bos a call (778 426-4141), he's the President of the SVI Anglers Coalition and I'm pretty sure he'd like to chat with the likes of you about an issue as critical as this. Have you thought about joining us...
  10. Little Hawk

Svi?

The film will likely hit YouTube before long and yes, it should be a real eye-opener for the Yanks - who eat about 9 out of every 10 farm-fish we grow here. Fishfarming: 'A big Norwegian-doggy crapping in our front yard while growing fish to feed the Yanks!'
  11. Little Hawk

Svi?

Indeed, most excellent meeting and presentation by Alex & crew. Twyla Roscovich is a superb filmmaker and be prepared to be blown-away when you see this expose'. After seeing this film, I suspect any that were 'on-the-fence' concerning the fish-farming industry will be suitably appalled and...
  12. Little Hawk

Friendly Reminder: SVI Anglers Coalition AGM Tonight!

I believe Society business and/or the President's & Treasurer's presentations are first and Alexandra's presentation is slated to start at 8:30. Thanks so much for going to the trouble to support us.
  13. Little Hawk

NOTICE . South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition society . First Annual General Meeting WHEN: February 28th, 2013 @ 7:00 PM WHERE: Four Points by Sheraton Hotel - (West Shore Ball Room) 829 McCallum Rd. (Langford) Victoria, BC. V9B 6W6 AGENDA: Society Business; Elections; New Member...
  14. Little Hawk

NOTICE . South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition society . First Annual General Meeting WHEN: February 28th, 2013 @ 7:00 PM WHERE: Four Points by Sheraton Hotel - (West Shore Ball Room) 829 McCallum Rd. (Langford) Victoria, BC. V9B 6W6 AGENDA: Society Business; Elections; New Member...
  15. Little Hawk

16. Little Hawk

A REPORT ON THE TRAGIC HERRING FISHERY - Salish Sea

Thanks Andrew, great post and great paper by David Ellis. Hope you can make the SVI-AC AGM tomorrow night. Be good to meet you finally.
  17. Little Hawk

Svi?

Welcome to the Forum Rod Watson and thanks for the kind and inspiring words! I ask only that you and others - who are equally frustrated as we (the Founders/Directors of the AC) are with the continuous digression of our public fisheries at the hands of inept government - be patient with us as...
  18. Little Hawk

WHO remembers the Vancouver Sun salmon derby?

Lippy: IIRC the BC Salmon Derby ran in the 70's and was pretty much done by the 80's. Think - Peetz & Steelite reels before Diawa was around... Okay, so I'm an older pecker.
  19. Little Hawk

Svi?

Bang-on BV! You Yanks sure got your heads on straight when it comes to your fish. Thanks from all of us Canucks up here who benefit from your fisheries initiatives.
  20. Little Hawk

WHO remembers the Vancouver Sun salmon derby?

Didn't the BC Salmon Derby run for 2 or 3 months each summer? Or, am I losing it?
Back